Search the forum,

Discuss PVC pipe laptop stand in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I would like to make a DIY laptop stand from PVC pipes from a how-to I found online (Laptop Stand From PVC Pipes - http://pvc-projects.blogspot.com/2013/06/laptop-stand-from-pvc-pipes.html) but can immediately see the problem with the system as it would come unstuck, as I would be looking to disassemble it when not it use to it fits into a small area and so am not going to glue it together.

I was looking online for threaded elbow joints but then realised that the PVC piping itself is not threaded, is there a method that I could use to thread the exterior of the pipes and the inside to match my needs, if that would be the best option?

I would make it up and glue all the leg parts together and not the long straight bit so that it could be popped and transported. We don't have a lot of threaded waste pipes over here and if you can get them they won't be cheap

Our waste fittings are quite snug and if you are only using it for your laptop stand they would be fine. I looked at your link they would do the job and would not need to be glued.

Could you drill a hole and use a self tapping screws in a few places. The pipes would be a snug fit to start but depending on how many times it was assembled and dismantled they will become loose in time.
Compression fittings & metal pipe perhaps?

That is providing
Could you drill a hole and use a self tapping screws in a few places. The pipes would be a snug fit to start but depending on how many times it was assembled and dismantled they will become loose in time.
Compression fittings & metal pipe perhaps?
Didn't think of that not like it's going to leak.
Was thinking if jamifandom is going to be buying from b&q or Wickes. Need to make sure the you buy the right pipe for the fittings as they sell two different types.

Reply to PVC pipe laptop stand in the DIY Plumbing Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock