Search the forum,

Discuss PVC bath pipe work and waste in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi All,

I’m in the process of fitting a bath and have just finished solvent welding the 40mm waste pipe up to the bath. Now I’ve put the bath in situ, the pipe work is slightly out, about half an inch. I can pull it into place but this will put a bit of tension/stress in the pipe and on the waste fitting (single screw through drain).

Is this normal (pulling the last half inch into place) or is it necessary to get a very easy lay-up and keep the pipe run ‘at ease’ and the leaving the waste fitting very little work to do?

I’d rather not start again but will if I have to..

Hi All,

I’m in the process of fitting a bath and have just finished solvent welding the 40mm waste pipe up to the bath. Now I’ve put the bath in situ, the pipe work is slightly out, about half an inch. I can pull it into place but this will put a bit of tension/stress in the pipe and on the waste fitting (single screw through drain).

Is this normal (pulling the last half inch into place) or is it necessary to get a very easy lay-up and keep the pipe run ‘at ease’ and the leaving the waste fitting very little work to do?

I’d rather not start again but will if I have to..
Usually fit the bath then do the waste after, you could buy a flexi pipe 40mm or cut and socket the pipe to fit. Don’t put strain on the pipe or the waste will leak

Usually fit the bath then do the waste after, you could buy a flexi pipe 40mm or cut and socket the pipe to fit. Don’t put strain on the pipe or the waste will leak

Unfortunately as it’s a double sided bath the pipework will be obstructed once the bath (and floorboards) are in place- so I need to get it set up before the bath slides in. Someone else told me to avoid using flexipipe under a bath but now I’m starting to think it’s not a bad idea..

If it’s just 1/2 inch, warm the 40mm pipe and gently bend it to where you need- if you do this some distance away from the waste the angle will be next to nothing and you’ll get no problems.

If it’s just 1/2 inch, warm the 40mm pipe and gently bend it to where you need- if you do this some distance away from the waste the angle will be next to nothing and you’ll get no problems.
Great- I’ll try this first then. What would you warm it with? A hair dryer or by putting hot water down it?

I find the best thing a paint stripping gun, but have ( like most on here I suspect) used my superfire blowtorch on occasion - I don’t recommend this latter method.

If your hairdryer is hot enough that would be best. (I’m a baldy so have no recent experience of these!)

Good luck.

I find the best thing a paint stripping gun, but have ( like most on here I suspect) used my superfire blowtorch on occasion - I don’t recommend this latter method.

If your hairdryer is hot enough that would be best. (I’m a baldy so have no recent experience of these!)

Good luck.
Lol- ok great, will give it a go.

Cheers!

Reply to PVC bath pipe work and waste in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock