Search the forum,

Discuss push plug stuck in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all,

I have a push up plug in my bathroom sink. It is now stuck and I have tried a few options. It really is stuck and I wonder what I should do to get it fixed. Any ideas how much it will cost me to have it fixed, if I am not able to do it myself?

Thanks,

Nav

Is it one with a rod that you push down on or is it a sprung one?

In any case - try removing the trap from underneath the basin and then you can poke a pencil/screwdriver up from underneath it may help you free it off.

If not, remove the large nut from underneath and push the whole waste fitting up and out and replace it with a new one.

If it’s a pedestal it may be tricky, especially if it’s been tiled around.
If it’s a vanity unit it should be a lot quicker/easier/cheaper.

Is it one with a rod that you push down on or is it a sprung one?

In any case - try removing the trap from underneath the basin and then you can poke a pencil/screwdriver up from underneath it may help you free it off.

If not, remove the large nut from underneath and push the whole waste fitting up and out and replace it with a new one.

If it’s a pedestal it may be tricky, especially if it’s been tiled around.
If it’s a vanity unit it should be a lot quicker/easier/cheaper.

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the response. It is one with a sprung.
Please see an image of the pipes. Do you mean I have to unscrew the pipes?

Thanks,

bathroom.jpg

Nav

Sometimes you can unscrew the chrome plug from above which gives you access to the pop up mechanism from above. Try turning it counter clockwise and see if it comes loose.

Sometimes you can unscrew the chrome plug from above which gives you access to the pop up mechanism from above. Try turning it counter clockwise and see if it comes loose.
Hi IND_Nick,

Thanks for the suggestion. Been trying that for quite a few days now. So I thought I ask around here.
Appreciate you time and efforts though.

Nav

In the cupboard unscrew the top of the white u-bend - then you should be able to ease it to the left and poke something up through from the basin waste

Reply to push plug stuck in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock