Search the forum,

Discuss Pumped return worcester 18ri in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all

I've got a customer with a kingfisher in a downstairs cupboard with gravity hot water and pumped heating. The cylinder has the vent on the flow to cylinder and cold feed on the return. I plan on installing an 18ri with an s plan kit and wireless cylinder stat. My question is if I pump the flow connection of the boiler and the flow of the cylinder it could pump straight over the vent. The only option I see to get the pump to pull on the cold feed is to pump the return. Anyone ever done this?
Cheers

Seal it or move the vent

Stnd set up for gravity hot water

Hi Shaun

Guy doesn't want to seal it. Combine the feed and vent in 22 on cylinder return?

No need to move the vent only option if he doesn’t want to seal it

Reply to Pumped return worcester 18ri in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I'm in my new build 2 years and the shower pump has died. I have an air to water unit downstairs is in the utility which I've been told is unvented and pressurised. The cold water feed into this cylinder is from the attic tank, not the mains as I turned off the mains stopcock to see if hot...
Replies
Views
My central heating is run off a heat pump ( air to water ) quite expensive to run , So I’m plainning to fit a wood burning with a back boiler to connect to the heating system, So while the wood burning on during winter months it will stop the heat pump for working hard Or not all all . My...
Replies
Views
Hi Fitted a new out the box’s boiler today. It worked for 30 minutes. Then stoped and went to fault codes 2965 B Flow temperature too high ▶ System is not filled with water. ▶ No water flow,because CH system is closed. ▶No water flow, because pump is not operating correctly. ▶ Check flow...
Replies
Views
Hello, my Mothers heating failed in the recent UK cold snap. I found the pump was stuck. I have a question about pump orientation. The existing pump flows downwards. The manual for the proposed replacement recommends that it should pump upwards. This would involve rearranging the flow &...
Replies
Views
Hello friends - I really struggle to understand my heating and hot water system I posted my question on Diynot but it ended up being five pages and couldnt get to the bottom of it and I thought worth asking the elders on here for their view - Hot water temp is 40 Degrees - Ideal Mexico 2...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock