Search the forum,

Discuss Pumped Accumulator or DAB Esybox System in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

IND_Nick

Esteemed
Gas Engineer
Morning all,

I've just bought a 4 bedroom/ 2 bathroom property and wanted some advice on which way to go with the water system.
I've redone the drains and in the process replace the incoming mains to 25mm from the external meter. At the moment this supplies 20l/m at around 1.2bar, static pressure is about 2 bar with everything off.
I want to future proof as we have 3 kids and no doubt will require 2 bathrooms to be used at the same time, while dishwasher/washin machine etc could be used.
There is an attached garage so space isn't too much of an issue.
I was thinking of a pumped accumulator but a lad I worked with said the DAB Esybox would be better?
Anyone have experience of either? Pros and Cons?
Heating will be UFH and an Unvented on HW Priority.
Many thanks in advance.

Dab esybox all the way. Each one will give 60 litres a min.
where abouts are you? I have two esybox storage tanks, brand new ( no pumps) if you are local to me, you gain have one/two for half the price. All you need then is a pump.

Dab esybox all the way. Each one will give 60 litres a min.
where abouts are you? I have two esybox storage tanks, brand new ( no pumps) if you are local to me, you gain have one/two for half the price. All you need then is a pump.
Morning,
Thanks for that, I'm based in South Manchester.

Yea not enough pressure for just an accumulator needs a dab could you build an external shed and insulate ?

I have an attached garage that will be semi converted, I'll insulate the front area for cylinder and whichever system gets installed. Seems like the DAB setup will be the way to go.
Is the pump noisy? I have considered leaving toilets on incoming mains for midnight flushes!
Thanks

I have an attached garage that will be semi converted, I'll insulate the front area for cylinder and whichever system gets installed. Seems like the DAB setup will be the way to go.
Is the pump noisy? I have considered leaving toilets on incoming mains for midnight flushes!
Thanks

as it’s in the garage you won’t notice it it’s quiet for a pump

im an hour from you. Could meet up? £250 per tank. You would then just need the pump

Thanks for the offer, I'm a couple of months off from needing it, so I'll drop you a line after Xmas and if you still have them we could sort something out.
How do you size these? It will be a 300ltr Unvented so I think 480ltrs store should be plenty? Especially as it will refill at some rate while being used?
Thanks

Yep as it’s around 20lpm incoming one tank should be fine but I would allow in planning for a second later on if ever the water board drops your supply you could add a second tank easy enough (or if there cheap enough now ;) it’s worth the extra head room)

Reply to Pumped Accumulator or DAB Esybox System in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock