Search the forum,

Discuss Pump in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi there, can a single impellar pump be fitted on to this hot outlet pipe to increase pressure to shower and hot taps?
Vent pipe would normally be present and would tee off just before it for safety.

It can, it will certainly increase the flow to a hot (only) tap, if the shower cold supply is from a CWST then despite boosting the hot supply the flow will probably not increase much as the mixer will throttle in the hot to enable it to mix with the lower pressure cold, if the cold is mains supply then the flow rate should improve but I don't think TMVs work with a high difference in hot/cold pressures (> 1 bar?) but your shower may have manual mixing controls anyway.

Reply to Pump in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Just a quick question. I have a log burner and a gas boiler on a dual fuel system (Central heating and Hot Water) either can do both. The hot water tank I believe is a closed system but is on the same level as the bath. Therefore as you might guess the water pressure at the bath even on...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I’m hoping someone can help me with this problem please. I’ve searched for similar posts but not found anything helpful! My mum’s house has a pump which pulses on and off every time a tap is opened. Even filling the bath (pressure is strong) the pump won’t come on and stay on but...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am currently using a Grundfos Booster Pump. This pump is fed by 2pcs of 1,000 liters water tank. Normally the pump would stop working only when there is no water in the water tank. But, recently for the past week, in the middle of the night, the pump would stop working even though the...
Replies
Views
We have a gravity fed hot water system in our the house we have just recently moved into. It works fine with the downstairs shower, however we are about to upgrade the upstairs bathroom and are considering installing a shower bath. My concern is that although there is more than sufficient...
Replies
Views
Hi thank you for letting me join this forum . We have an air to water heat pump but the bungalow is piped in micro bore 10mm pipe which doesn’t look well piped , kinky in pipes in some places ,some of the rad don’t heat up too well , probably because of the badly piped system, the pipe is all...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock