Search the forum,

Discuss Pump speed in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello

I have been having trouble with my radiators taking 30 minutes to heat up where before it took 10-15 minutes, I had a look at the pump speed but I can't tell what setting its on is it pointing at the top with the numbers or at the bottom.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20210211_174525.jpg
    20210211_174525.jpg
    321.4 KB · Views: 25
It looks as if its on PP (proportional pressure) control set possibly to 3M which is IMO too weak, turn the setting knob anticlockwise to say 4.5 to 5m and see how you get on.
The I,II,III settings are traditional speed settings and you could also set it to II if the PP setting on max isn't sufficient.
If you post the exact model etc I can give you a better idea of the appropriate setting.

Try setting II

It looks as if its on PP (proportional pressure) control set possibly to 3M which is IMO too weak, turn the setting knob anticlockwise to say 4.5 to 5m and see how you get on.
The I,II,III settings are traditional speed settings and you could also set it to II if the PP setting on max isn't sufficient.
If you post the exact model etc I can give you a better idea of the appropriate setting.

Thanks the model is Yonas Para RS25/6 I will say once the radiators get hot they stay nice and hot.

Can you turn it clockwise more ?

OK, I think it actually is selected to PP mode (top).
You might briefly turn the setting knob clockwise to setting II (bottom) the rectangular pump curve should switch to a curve, if it does switch back to position 5 (top) as speed II is only 3M, too low IMO and speed III is too high 6M (noisy)

OK, I think it actually is selected to PP mode (top).
You might briefly turn the setting knob clockwise to setting II (bottom) the rectangular pump curve should switch to a curve, if it does switch back to position 5 (top) as speed II is only 3M, too low IMO and speed III is too high 6M (noisy)
Ok thanks I will give it a try, I actually got the model wrong dont know how but its R15/6.

Edit: So to make it clear it's the plastic with two lines thats where I need to line it up with the numbers, going by the picture its set to 3 at the top.

Last edited:
Correct, that's the way I see it. But to confirm turn it clockwise down to II on the bottom, pump curve should then change, take a pic, then turn t back up to position 5 (top).

Yep that looks right. First picture l I turned it clockwise to III and then back to the 6.

Last picture is on 5. So I shall see how that goes.

Thanks

Attachments

• 20210212_135300.jpg
    20210212_135300.jpg
    402.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 20210212_135344.jpg
    20210212_135344.jpg
    368.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 20210212_135713.jpg
    20210212_135713.jpg
    386.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Reply to Pump speed in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
My son has an apprenticeship interview for to become a plumber and heating engineer. The have said there will be a multiple choice exam for this for suitability. The thing is my son panics during tests/exams. Is there any book I can buy him to practice the multiple choice test for the exam? What...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock