Search the forum,

Discuss pump question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Spanner

Hi all, I was asked by a customer to install a salamander pump for thier shower. I am happy doing bathroom suit installs/basic plumbing but this is the first pump and I have one ( probably daft ) question. The pumps fittings are 15mm pushfit, the existing feeds to bath taps from the tank where pump is to be situated are 22mm. I want to know if I use size reducers each side of the pump will this not effect the flow rate and possibly get air or not enough water through the pump?

I realise this may be obvious to the time served plumbers but I am a newbie so be nice. Ta in advance.

What Tom has already said. You should not use a shower pump for taps and other outlets cept showers. Also if you decide to supply dedicated supplies to a shower then make sure that the cold feed is from storage. And that you use the correct fitting (method) on the hot from the cylinder.

Pump should be next to cylinder used for shower only NOT for taps and the like as said previously

Mira recommend a 45 degree bend straight off the cylinder and another one just as it joins vent ( if poss) they dont recommend flanges Triton same.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info lads, sorry for the late reply but been on another job. Customer changed there mind anyway but good to know for the future. Great forum and top advice, us newbies would be lost without it! Real world is muchos different from the classroom. Thanks again.

proberbly worth going on pump websites to find out more about installation practice for various shower/pump requirements for future jobs:)regards turnpin

Well there you go, you learn something new everyday. I've seen loads of installs where shower pumps supply to whole bathroom suite.

I totally beleive you guys are right, but can someone explain why this is the case please? Cheers, Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pump question in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to run the water line underneath. There are existing drain (and who knows what) pipes running along the same wall so I'm nervous about digging too far...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock