Search the forum,

Discuss Pump overrun issues HELP PLEASE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MDS PLUMBING

Hi all.

Was instructed to replace an ideal classic with a Worcester 18RI. Quoted (including electrics) and started the job. The customer was clear in saying he didn't want any modifications to the cylinder etc. The system is a thermal store with 2 pumps a room stat and cylinder stat. When the electrician came he looked at the wiring centre and in with the pump live was the room stat switched live. Taking the pump out and back to the boiler would render the room stat dead. I'm ok with electrics when quoting but missed this one! To get around it I proposed to put in a time delay switch to the pump which sounded great...... Until I rang worcester who said if the pump isn't connected directly to the boiler then the guarantee is void. My question is: Before having to upgrade to S plan FOC to save customer relations, are there any last ditch wiring modifications that can be done so the pump live can go to the boiler. Thanks all!

I had the same issue on a store I changed and only option was to pull in a new cable so that the boiler pump could be wired to the boiler. Not having a P/L and the pump overrun causes no end of bother, it's not worth the headache.

I don't understand why the spark removed the heating pump from the room stat. It's the boiler pump that needs the wiring change.

As above the boiler pump is the one Worcester will be wanting to be perm live to the boiler the ch pump can remain as it is.

As above the boiler pump is the one Worcester will be wanting to be perm live to the boiler the ch pump can remain as it is.

???? RI IS A HEAT ONLY BOILER NOT A SYSTEM????no pump in the boiler,op needs to get a extra cable to the boiler for the pcb to drive the existing ch pump and overun

???? RI IS A HEAT ONLY BOILER NOT A SYSTEM????no pump in the boiler,op needs to get a extra cable to the boiler for the pcb to drive the existing ch pump and overun

Thanks for this. This is exactly what I was thinking as above. I have the extra cable available but the problem is that at present there is a terminal in the wiring centre with pump live and the room stat S/L only. If i remove the pump live I will render the room stat dead?? As there will be a terminal with only one wire in?

If the pump is wired to the room stat then its the heating pump. You said there was 2 pumps. Connect the other pump to the pump live of the boiler

I had had this thought but then the HW would be on all the time even when the cylinder stat is satisfied?

I know it's heat only the pump that circulates around the boiler in this type of system is not the ch pump I don't think.
one pump will circulate round boiler and heat the store eg boiler pump and the other pumps the central heating if I'm guessing type of system correctly.
if you wire this primary pump to boiler pump terminals it will only be on when there is a demand.

That sounds positive however what function does the cylinder stat have? ie what happens when the cylinder stat is satisfied? Surely it then turns the 'boiler pump off at present?' Cheers

If I'm thinking of the right set up yeah the cylinder stat will at present control the boiler primary pump you want the boiler to control it and the cylinder stat control the switch live to the boiler

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pump overrun issues HELP PLEASE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock