Search the forum,

Discuss Pump makes screaching noise for 5 seconds when hotwater is called. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

imran999

I replaced a faulty grundfos pump with a new grundfos central heating pump, and all seems to be ok, in terms of function etc.
however, one issue i have is that when hot water is called for (alone) then their is a screaching noise coming from pump/3 way/or other which lasts for around a few seconds and then goes.
Perhaps coincidently,...the lights on the pump dont come on for a few seconds and this is when the screaching is occuring.

This only happens when hot water is called and not for central heating.

Is this possibly air in the system? If so, how do i get it out?
Or is their some sort of delay on the pump causing issues?

Note, i am not too technical with plumbing.

It could be the 3 way valve that has just about had it. And the motor or gears are worn. It needs to activate the microswitch to turn on the pump. So it is probably the noise of the 3way motor/gears struggling; and eventually it gets there & operates the microswitch and then the pump comes on and the noise then goes away.

It could be the 3 way valve that has just about had it. And the motor or gears are worn. It needs to activate the microswitch to turn on the pump. So it is probably the noise of the 3way motor/gears struggling; and eventually it gets there & operates the microswitch and then the pump comes on and the noise then goes away.

Sounds like you may be right...the noise is coming from the 3 way before the pump kicks in.

Its a old style 3 way which you can't replace just the head....wonder if bgas will cover it under my boiler repair cover.....no doubt they will find some excuse not to cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pump makes screaching noise for 5 seconds when hotwater is called. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I'm hoping to get some advice on an issue I'm having with my Vaillant Ecotec Pro 24 boiler (R1 PCB). It was installed in 2013 and has worked perfectly up until this week. When the boiler does start, it runs for a few seconds, makes some noises, and then shuts down again. I've...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm dealing with Vaillant Ecotec 824 R1 in one flat. The boiler make a very loud noise when central heating is on - this is random and occurs mostly at night. I'm sharing video showing the problem: So far we changed: 1. Expansion vessel 2. Pump 3. Water pressure gauge - analogue sensor...
Replies
Views
Our boiler has started making a noise on start up and when it kicks in and out engineer says it’s an ignition coil bracket and nothing to worry about but it sometimes gets worse and it went on for few seconds todays (5) like it was stuck and then freed itself and might have been coincidence but...
Replies
Views
Hi All, Hope somebody can help :) I have a vented HW system with a pressurised Ch system but got bit of a annoying issue, when the hot water comes on all seems ok then after about 15/20 mins i started to hear a trickling noise from hw cylinder which i can also hear in the boiler. The central...
Replies
Views
Hello, I've just found this forum and wondering if anyone can please help us. We've not long moved into our new home. It's has Johnson and Starley warm air heating and hot water tank in airing cupboard. All has been working fine until yesterday. We had the water softener serviced and since then...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock