Search the forum,

Discuss Pump advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Friends,

A person has a house with loft conversion. The loft con bathroom has a twin pump that feeds the bath, all works fine, no issues. Electric all in etc.

On the 1st floor is another bathroom with shower cubicle, all tiles floor and walls.

The customer wants an exposed mixer shower in the cubicle as the electric one is kaput.

The pressure on the 1st flooor is not good enough to feed a shower mixer.

Can I take the pipework from the loft con bathroom after the pump and branch it under floor, about 8ft, and go through ceiling to 1st floor bath to feed new shower? If someone is running bath in loft con and someone having shower in 1st floor shower will pressure be OK for both?

Also, need to take floors up, fit 22mm pipe (H&C) under floor, connect to H&C after pump, fit external mixer shower unit in 1st floorbath with exposed chrome 15mm pipe etc. put floors back and clean. No electrics as pump already installed and working.

For labour only, any approximates? I reckon it's at least a day to get everything done (my day is 8 hrs) maybe 2 people needed also.

Thanks all

Best regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Pump advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Where and how does the water supply work and is there only one rising main pipe and where is it usually located? I am top floor flat, mains fed supply and all 6 in the block have a shared rising main pipe (I think unless there is meant to be more than one). Kitchen: From the ground floor to...
Replies
Views
Hi I've recently had a new bathroom installed. I've noticed when I flush the downstairs loo there was a hammer type noise under the bathroom floor when the cold feed for the loo turned off/ same with the washing machine. So I turned off the mains water supply. Opened the highest tap first...
Replies
Views
Hi Everyone, I'm moving to a megaflow from a regular immersion heater set up. The house has several showers and at the moment they are fed by gravity feeds from the immersion (hot water) and a top floor tank (cold water). All the showers are powered by (pressure drop) pumps which are fed by...
Replies
Views
A
Hey, here goes and I hope it works.. never used one of these before! I have a Sagittarius Ergo mixer shower min bar of pressure required 1 bar. Connect to this is a 1.5 bar Ora Salamander pump for a positive head, this was connected by a plumber of course and we’ve had it all rigged up...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the cause. I would like a flow rate of about 12L/min. Here is my set-up: Standard gas boiler (not a combi) in the kitchen, have cold water tanks in the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock