Search the forum,

Discuss Puma 80 Boiler Heating Troubles in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Rustygoat

Hi Everyone and apologies if this has been dealt with in the past. I have searched but can't find anything relevant.
Problem....daughter's Puma 80 combi boiler. It's been in the house before she moved in about 6 years ago and has generally been OK. (Leak on the pressure relief valve - replaced)
Hot water is fine.
Central Heating - occasionally pilot light goes out and of course no heating. It relights OK - new piezo igniter fitted. The pilot light is absolutely fine if left on hot water and works for days - but on heating it's unreliable.
CH pressure is just over 1 bar cold, the low pressure light is not lit.
Any ideas for me to check? Thanks.
PS She can't afford a new boiler!

sorry mate but advising untrained people to play with boilers is trouble and will invariably invalidate your daughters house insurance

As said above,probably a service required by a gas safe plumber,am sure you want to keep your daughter safe,with particular attention to the pilot jet that has to be nice and clean or will keep going out as described,also have fan lubricated during service

imho

Thanks for the replies. I wasn't planning on playing with the gas bits. Can anyone explain why the pilot light is OK on hot water and not on heating? It's a permanent (well almost) pilot light.

you have allready had a play with the boiler and no one is naive enough to think you wont continue having a dabble as stated get a trained engineer

All I have done is look through the window and try and work out what is happening before GSI. It's always useful to have some idea before doing that. Unfortunately "her guy" has retired (and moved away) and she has to find a new gas fitter/plumber that is reliable, knowledgeable etc.

These types of appliance were desingned to be serviced every 12 months other wise things get to a point and dont work properly.
There is nowt u can do to it legally that is likly to sort it out,get it serviced!

Thanks for the useful comments.She is currently asking neighbours for recommendations for a reliable guy to service the boiler!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Puma 80 Boiler Heating Troubles in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock