Search the forum,

Discuss Profix panels - anyone used them in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alpenplumbski

Hi, I'm considering using the "Profixpanel" with their dry sand mix. It's too go on a solid concrete floor which is insulated below. Key requirements are low profile and quick curing time. The finished floor is either engineered wood parquet or carpet (they haven't decided yet)

Anyone got experience, good or bad with these products?

Cheers

Rob

Hi Rob,

we have got some samples of the profix boards in our office.
It's hard to say how good they are as we've only had one enquiry and someone bought another system in the end.

With sand and cement drymix option you could only have engineered wood a floor finish (laid directly), with any other floor finishes you you have to overboard the profix panels first with chipboard or plywood.

How much depth how you got available?

I could offer you our Ultraslim system which is only 18mm thick (same as 20p coin).
Heavy boards are made from recycled gypsum, paper and water, mixed in an 80%- 20% ratio to produce homogeneous, dense sheet material that is cured, they are pre grooved for 12mm pipe which will be spaced at 150mm.

Engineered wood (floating floor) and tiles can be laid directly on top.
Parquet (if glued down to the surface) and carpet would require 9mm plywood or chipboard overboarding.

It's a very quick installation method, boards can be fixed by low expansion fixing foam (which we also supply) which dries in 1hour.

If you would require some more details or would like me to do a quote for you please feel free to contact me and I'll be happy to help.

Hi Wojtek,

Thanks for the reply,hmmm yes I don't really want to use something I'm not fully confident in. I can't seem to find the links on your website to those panels, could you please reply with a link.

Regards height, there's been a change in requirements, I'm looking to use the minimum height, it's 1st floor not ground floor and head height is an issue. It will be finished with carpet mainly and tiles in bathrooms. It's a very well insulated house and I think the upstairs uf heating is just insurance... The area is about 120m2. With 4 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms.which will be zoned.

Cheers

Rob

Hi Rob,

we have got some samples of the profix boards in our office.
It's hard to say how good they are as we've only had one enquiry and someone bought another system in the end.

With sand and cement drymix option you could only have engineered wood a floor finish (laid directly), with any other floor finishes you you have to overboard the profix panels first with chipboard or plywood.

How much depth how you got available?

I could offer you our Ultraslim system which is only 18mm thick (same as 20p coin).
Heavy boards are made from recycled gypsum, paper and water, mixed in an 80%- 20% ratio to produce homogeneous, dense sheet material that is cured, they are pre grooved for 12mm pipe which will be spaced at 150mm.

Engineered wood (floating floor) and tiles can be laid directly on top.
Parquet (if glued down to the surface) and carpet would require 9mm plywood or chipboard overboarding.

It's a very quick installation method, boards can be fixed by low expansion fixing foam (which we also supply) which dries in 1hour.

If you would require some more details or would like me to do a quote for you please feel free to contact me and I'll be happy to help.

Hi Rob,

below is a link to the kits we offer which comes with these boards:
https://goo.gl/5aVhHN

Here's an image of the actual panel:
Heavy.jpg

with regards to carpeted areas you would need to over board the heavy boards with 9mm of plywood or Chipboard, tiles can be laid directly on top by using flexible tile adhesive.

It's a new product in our stock, but we used to sell similar boards from Polypipe (they are called Polypipe Overlay, boards are made by same company called Fermacell) and they are available on the market since many years.

Is it a timber suspended floor on the first floor? If so, did you consider to install UFH between the joists?

If you would like to speak to me or prepare the quote for you please feel free to give me a call or drop me an email. My details are in my signature below.

Many thanks,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Profix panels - anyone used them in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock