Search the forum,

Discuss Problems with small bore pipe and an old central heating system in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Use your magnet to investigate extent of blockage, depending on what you find- cut out and replace that section of pipe

74EBAB47-FAFD-42A8-BF81-C0002730141B.jpeg9F1955B3-7603-4E16-8E22-80E2D164D5C5.jpegA5B882F5-C0C6-4278-AAC5-1CB028734A15.jpeg

Update. Central heating has now been running ok for the last few weeks with X800. Every few days I have been cleaning out the two magnacleans I installed. Last time was today after I left heating on timed (one hour in the morning and one hour in the evening) for the last 8 days. It collected magnetite as per the photos attached. Should I leave the X800 in for a few more weeks until it collects no more magnetite or drain and fill with inhibitor now ? Many thanks.

Update. Now into December and with the X800 still in system I continue to collect weekly amounts of magnetite. See pictures. When is the right time to drain the system and add x100 ? Many thanks.
CA012548-2C0D-41F8-88AD-3D911B6CBA26.jpeg
CA012548-2C0D-41F8-88AD-3D911B6CBA26.jpeg

Update (October 2023). System still running perfectly. I drained down in the summer and put new inhibitor in. Recently powered up and the central heating is running well. Still collecting the debris in the 2 magnacleans I fitted at the troublesome spots on the system (entry into the small bore pipes leading to the radiators that did not heat up) but I dont mind cleaning them out every month. Rather this than spend £2k on a power flush that is not guaranteed to work and may cause no end of problems on my 40 year old multi pipe (normal and small bore) system! Learnt a lot on this forum and if I had my time again would not have allowed these so called 'professional plumbers' to install small bore pipes in my system!! Thanks again. Cheers.

Reply to Problems with small bore pipe and an old central heating system in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock