Search the forum,

Discuss Problems with hot water in a pressure system in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
We recently had the pressure tank replaced in our system as the old one started leaking.

Since the replacement, I've seen two problems. The first is that there is a loud knock when the tap is turned on. I believe this is because there is air in the system?

Secondly, when the heating is on, the hot water doesn't seem to function efficently (or perhaps not at all). When the heating is turned off, the hot water seem to function normally. Any idea or reasons why this would happen? I'm pretty sure this never happened before the tank replacement and we could use both at the same time. I'm wondering if there is some issue as the plumber had to strip down all the components and piping around the tank to fit it.

Any help would be much appreciated. I'm going to get the issue resolved by the plumber who replaced the tank but want to find out the issue in case the plumber tries to fob me off.
Thanks,
iq

Reply to Problems with hot water in a pressure system in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock