Search the forum,

Discuss Problems with digital shower, general advice needed in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Firstly , apologies if this is inappropriate. I'm really not sure what questions I should be asking.

I had a bathroom refit done around 7.5 years ago, including a digital shower. It's been great, but recently has really started playing up - the controls to raise or lower the temp seem to make no difference and the shower is often either lukewarm, or occasionally will be very hot and stop with an error message and need "rebooting" . Because of the digital nature, we cannot just adjust taps to get it working. We live in a hard water area in the south of England. I have tried all the recommended trouble shooting tips on the manufacturers website (which is normally "turn off all the power, wait 20 seconds, turn it back on again")

Is it likely the unit has just reached the end of its life and need replacing? Is is worth looking at the supplier to see if it can be repaired? (their official call out charge is £260, which seems a lot if they come out and say - "sorry, it's buggered"). If it helps the actual model is a Mira platinum dual, which I believe is pumped from a hot water cylinder in the loft. If needs bee, then it can be replaced, but I'm wondering if it would be worth fitting some sort of "descaling" system, or whether I should be considering a more traditional adjustable by tap system?

Any advice welcome. Thanks

Reply to Problems with digital shower, general advice needed in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have just had a boiler, hot water tank and power shower pump replaced on advice by my plumber. I have two separate boilers, heat/hotwater systems in the house. This boiler was replaced by a combi boiler as it only heats the lounge and master bed and provides hot water to en-suite bathroom and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I thought I'd share my experience of dealing with Aqualisa about their Quartz Digital Diverter. When selecting the slider rail handset the water would also constantly drip \ stream water from the overhead rain head. When selecting the rain head the pressure was very reduced and the water...
Replies
Views
Please can someone advise how to fix this shower that leaks? I guess I need to replace the washers inside the taps. Is it the blue or red one? My local DIY place didn't have the washer last time I attempted this. The cold tap is the culprit, a bit soft to tighten and leaks unless really tight...
Replies
Views
My daughter lives alone in a 3 bed semi in the west country. The house is 20 years old. The central heating and hot water are provided from a Glow-worm gas boiler working in conjunction with a Boilermate 2000. The central heating pipework is microbore. In view of the age of the boiler and...
Replies
Views
Hi All As you can see from the attached pix, the flow control knob on my Bristan shower has broken. It was installed before I bought the house (possibly between 2015 and 2017) but I've no idea what model it is. Firstly, can anyone help me to identify it to see if I can get a replacement knob...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock