Search the forum,

Discuss Problem with water pressure (poss linked to megaflo) in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Morning.

I live in a new build house where the boiler, separate hot water tank and en suite are all in the attic. The hot water tank is a megaflo unvented indirect cylinder.

We've been here 9 years now but in the last few months the water pressure in the en suite has deteriorated quite badly in both the shower and the tap over the sink. I've done the air bubble thing and have increased the pressure on the megaflo from about 1 bar to around 2.2 bar (2.2 is where it seemed to stop getting any higher). The pressure is equally bad for hot and cold water.

The water pressure elsewhere in the house (hot and cold) is fine but obviously everything else is on floors below the water tank.

I'd be grateful if anyone could let me know if there's any other things I can do myself or have I exhausted the DIY stuff? It was all fine until relatively recently so I was hoping the stuff I'd tried would fix it.

I'm right in saying any plumber that I call out will have to be Gas Safe registered aren't I?

Thanks

1. Unvented hot water cylinders like yours require an annual service to make sure the safety devices are functioning.
2. You do not need a Gas Safe engineer, you need someone with a G3 qualification. He / she may or may not be registered with Gas Safe.
3. The combination valve in the cold supply to your cylinder has a filter in it. This may be partially blocked which could cause the symptoms you describe.
4. Beyond recharging the air bubble, these cylinders are not DIY oriented.

As diy, before you call out g3 plumber you could check for blocked inlet filters in the shower and a blocked aerator on the basin mixer tap.
If some rubbish got in the system and these were the first things used - that’s where the rubbish ends up.

Some megaflows have a known problem of an internal plastic baffle breaking down , obviously I dont know if this is the cause of your problem but if it is , it will start to block all the outlets .

pressure and flow are not the same thing. Which have you lost? You could replace that tank with a constant hot water heater and never have any of these issues ever again...and for around £360...think how many G3 professional vists you would need to cover that cost...not many...

Reply to Problem with water pressure (poss linked to megaflo) in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock