Search the forum,

Discuss Problem with Valor Ultimate Turbochim Side Flue Fire 517SF in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a Turbochim side flue fire, installed Dec 2000 and has worked well for 20 years.
It would not turn On the other day.
Normally you press and hold On button and the fan starts.
Now when you press the ON button you here a click and the fan fails to start.
The fan has been tested ( Hereford Rewinds ) and has continuity and the windings are ok, but the bearing might require replacing as the fan does not spin as freely as the guy would expect??
Any ideas on what would cause this failure please.
I can not find any replacement powered side flue fires to replace this model and unfortunately where the fire is situated there is no other option - hence why it was installed in the construction in the Sun Room.
Any advice would be gratefully recieved.
Brian

Reply to Problem with Valor Ultimate Turbochim Side Flue Fire 517SF in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We are considering buying a house which currently has a 20 year old Ideal Icos boiler, so we're factoring in replacing the boiler soon. Current boiler is on an external kitchen wall with the flue going straight out. However, it's positioned in between a door and the kitchen window, quite close...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a Turbochim side flue fire, installed Dec 2000 and has worked well for 20 years. It would not turn On the other day. Normally you press and hold On button and the fan starts. Now when you press the ON button you here a click and the fan fails to start. The fan has been tested (...
Replies
Views
My installation has been classed as Dangerous 'Do not use' by my boiler manufacturer. I have an Ideal Logic 30kw Combi boiler mounted as high as can be on the kitchen wall. Flue exits out through the wall via an elbow but emerges above a flat roof. Unfortunately it's somewhat less than the...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I’m hoping someone can help me with this problem please. I’ve searched for similar posts but not found anything helpful! My mum’s house has a pump which pulses on and off every time a tap is opened. Even filling the bath (pressure is strong) the pump won’t come on and stay on but...
Replies
Views
E
Hi all, Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere but I can't find an answer to my questions. I have a back boiler and gas fire which h has been serviced regularly over the years by different engineers with no issues. Last time , the guy wanted to condem it due to not being compliant with...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock