Search the forum,

Discuss Problem with Triton Shower... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RichardMoore

Hello all,

I've got a Triton Trance 9.5Kw shower that's about 5 years old.

It hasn't been working so well lately and the other day when we turned it on a lot of green particles came out of the overflow pipe and shower head and it stopped working.

Do you think this sounds fixable or is it time for a new shower unit?

Much as I hate to say it, like so many things in this life, it's probably much cheaper (and quicker) to change it than have someone to repair it.

Scenario is they call in, have a look, order a part, return and fit it. Wonderful. Except if they change the wrong part, they have to go off again to order another part. Another few days then return.

Prices look as if they're around £160 for a new Trance shower. There are cheaper showers which are just as good (around £100) and most plumbing merchants have some sort of deal on for an electric shower. Assuming pipe layout is the same and electrics are up to date it should take about 1/2 day for a plumber to install.

Thanks dontknowitall. In your experience what are the chances of the mounting holes and pipe layouts being the same between a later model of the same shower?

As you say the Triton Trance is still available but its style has changed quite a bit, do you think the mounting holes and pipe layout will have stayed the same?

Chances are they have changed. I know it's the same make, name, model, etc but unfortunately they just do change (not only Triton showers but all the makes).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Problem with Triton Shower... in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hoping someone can please help. I have an intermittent fault with my electric hot water. I have an older style electric hot water service that heats on controlled load over night. The large tank is in roof space of 60s built villa unit. Every few mornings, no hot water will come out of...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the cause. I would like a flow rate of about 12L/min. Here is my set-up: Standard gas boiler (not a combi) in the kitchen, have cold water tanks in the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Hello all, So been having somewhat of a time with my Aqualisa Quartz 9.5 electric shower. A few.month ago I put up with a few problems it was having and in the end I replaced everything, new engine and new front cover . This was working great for a month or so, but now noticed an intermittent...
Replies
Views
Hello there! I hope your weekend has started well. TL/DR: Should I replace 90-degree bend with a smaller type to increase the fall from the shower tray? I am replacing a bathtub with a 1500 X 800 Sonas shower tray which I will place on 4-inch blocks, probably with some 18mm marine ply on top...
Replies
Views
K
I have a B&B that has had lots of plumbing issues in the past e.g. hot water to a toilet! I am fed up of spending money so hoping someone can help as several plumbers so far have been hopeless. The latest problem is that I had an electric shower replaced because it was cycling between scalding...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock