Search the forum,

Discuss Problem with newish Vaillant thermostat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

I had a new Vaillant boiler installed March 2018 with a new Vaillant thermostat on the wall about 2.5 metres from the boiler. I had a message 2 wks ago to change the batteries on the thermostat which I did. Today, (as advised previously by the installer) I switched the boiler on for a short while just to check everything was hunkydory, as it has been in "summer" mode since May. Trouble was, it didn't seem to want to come out of summer mode. Although it said it was in Auto mode, the timer programmes screen and the desired temperatures screen came up blank.
I rang the installer who talked me through a factory reset of the thermostat, which worked ok but I had to reprogram everything, of course. Is this going to be the case every time the batteries need changing? Is there any way I can avoid this?

I had a new Vaillant boiler installed March 2018 with a new Vaillant thermostat on the wall about 2.5 metres from the boiler. I had a message 2 wks ago to change the batteries on the thermostat which I did. Today, (as advised previously by the installer) I switched the boiler on for a short while just to check everything was hunkydory, as it has been in "summer" mode since May. Trouble was, it didn't seem to want to come out of summer mode. Although it said it was in Auto mode, the timer programmes screen and the desired temperatures screen came up blank.
I rang the installer who talked me through a factory reset of the thermostat, which worked ok but I had to reprogram everything, of course. Is this going to be the case every time the batteries need changing? Is there any way I can avoid this?
You normally get a 30 ish window to change the batteries before these things play up.

Sorry, not sure what you mean by a 30ish window? I normally have been checking the thermostat at least every day or two, so the maximum time the "change batteries" message would have been there would have been a couple of days.

I have had this a few times last year, with both Honeywell and Vaillant wireless thermostats.

My advise is to fit the highest quality batteries that you can afford. That seems to resolve the issue - I used to use the “10 batteries for a pound from Poundland” - but no more!

tbh any main brand of batteries will do just change them yearly and as harv said you do have to be quick

Reply to Problem with newish Vaillant thermostat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could be causing this leak. Already Changed the Pump Elbow as one of the clips had popped which was causing a second small leak, Any idea? Is it time to buy...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock