Search the forum,

Discuss Problem with Grassun Mechanical Timer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Piperman

Hi,
Would appreciate some help with problem with a Grassun Time on a Halstead Combi Boiler. Clock working OK and keeps time, however, as soon as I set the tabs it stops and will not keep time, so can't set CH for auto turn on. If I rotate the clock by hand, with tabs set, it fires the boiler, and turns it off if I turn it as far as the 'off' setting.

Thanks in anticipation

Piperman

Thanks for quick response, Tamz, - the clock is a new one, when you say 'weak motor' are you referring to the clock or some other part? Thanks, Piperman.

The motor on the clock. The motor is too weak to push past the tappets. These are basic simple cheap yet usually reliable timers.
You don't need one specifically for a Halstead. They are all pretty much the same. 2 -4 wee screws hold it in and the connections are spades. There are 4 wires. Live, neutral (to the motor) and 2 switch wires. There is a diagram on the back of the clock but they are all the same.
You could also fit an external timer or wireless programmable room stat which are better if you feel a bit adventurous.

Thanks again, Tamz, for that explanation. What puzzles me is why the clock stops turning only as soon as I set some tabs. Push all the tabs in and the clock keeps time OK.

I think I will take heed of your suggestion and fit a programmable room stat - I saw your advice on another thread and will probably go for the Drayton Digistat RF701 / 3RF combination.

Thanks - Piperman

When you pull the pins out, as the clock turns and reaches a pin it has to push past it to operate the switch. The motor is weak so does not have the force to do this so the clock stops at this point.

Thanks Tamz, yes, I understand what you mean there, but for example, say the current time is 13.00 and I set tabs for say for 15.00, as soon as I do this the clock stays at 13.00 and will not travel around to the setting of 15.00. Push the tabs back in and the clock starts again......? this is what is puzzling me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Problem with Grassun Mechanical Timer in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30Si combi boiler, the analog clock has stopped and the On-Timer-Off switch only works on Timer setting,. So I have set all the little timer switches to ON and the boiler does work then. Any help or source for a new clock would be great. TIA
Replies
Views
Hi all, I have an OSO Direct 210 hit water cylinder installed in my home, with 2 switches (on/off; and boost). The boiler is for hot water only (rads are electric). In the 5 years that I’ve lived at this property, I’ve never once turned the boiler off; however, with soaring energy prices, I’m...
Replies
Views
Hi I am somewhat confused. My daughter has a combi boiler bought 2-3 years ago and has it timed to come on in morning for an hour and at night for a few hours using "auto"? mode I had been brought up to leave boilers on manual and set the thermostat low at night to prevent pipes from...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have moved to house that has an Ideal Logic combi c24 with a Danfoss RX1-S receiver and a RET2000B - RF thermostat. However, the mechanical timer on the boiler is not working so I can't program the boiler to turn on and off at different times. Therefore, I bought a TP5001RF programable...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi all I have a Vaillant eco boiler at a new house I moved into last week. It’s a combo boiler and the last boiler I had was old (and much easier to use!) This one keeps turning itself off. The hot water seems to work and is always warm. The heating also works but for random amounts of time...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock