Search the forum,

Discuss Problem with cracked pipe from bathroom to outside tap. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, the property I live in appears to have had a pipe to an outside tap run from the cold water pipe under the bathroom sink. Yesterday the outside pipe cracked where the tap connected to it and water was gushing out! For the life of me I cannot work out how to stop the flow of water. The isolation value on the cold water pipe under the sink works to stop the sink tap working but has no effect on the flow of water into the pipe running outside. I've taken off the bath panel and all I see is the hose attaching to a pipe and no isolation valves. Am I missing something really obvious or has this been completely bodged by whoever installed the tap?

Attachments

• 20221210_184900-COLLAGE.jpg
    20221210_184900-COLLAGE.jpg
    296.8 KB · Views: 13
Can you find where the pipe comes from the outside tap ?

Can you find where the pipe comes from the outside tap ?
The pipe from the outside tap is under the bath, this then has the grey hose attached to it, the other end of this is attached to the cold water pipe which feeds the bathroom sink. I can hear a lot of water merrily running through the pipes to the garden 🤦

I’m theory you can close the basin cold valve and it should stop if it’s the grey pipe after the valve

Can’t be that grey pipe then can you feel flow through the grey pipe ?

The slot should be inline with the pipe for on and not inline / 1/4 turn for off

Is this the isolation valve you are turning off with the Red arrow

Outside tap.PNG

When OFF it should look like the below pic and you'll lose water to the basin cold tap.

Valve.PNG

The slot should be inline with the pipe for on and not inline / 1/4 turn for off
Thank you, I have got this perfectly aligned now , can't hear any water noise in the pipes and stopped the flow of water into the garden. Hopefully this continues to work until I can get a plumber out. Not quite sure how it will work pipe wise once the hose is removed (and don't fancy flooding the bathroom to have a look 😂)

Reply to Problem with cracked pipe from bathroom to outside tap. in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I had an outside tap fitted by a professional plumber last autumn. During the recent cold weather the feed pipe under the kitchen sink froze and the compression joint where the pipe enters an isolation valve now leaks. The outside tap was covered for the winter by an insulating blanket. I...
Replies
Views
I’ve lost the pressure from the outside tap. It was working fine. I have checked the washer on the outside tap and the inside stop valve seen in the picture. Not sure what the thing is to the right of the stopcock? I’ve also taken the inners out of the outside tap and turned on the water again...
Replies
Views
My outside tap has had really low pressure after the cold weather a few weeks ago. Its connected from under the kitchen sink, and can be isolated from turning a flat head screw type thing a quarter turn. Any help or advice would be much appreciated!
Replies
Views
I have been trying to turn off my outside tap for winter. When I turn the valve under the kitchen sink, it fails to stop the outside tap from running. This valve does seem very stiff. I am assuming I have to turn the value clockwise since if I turn it anti-clockwise it actually starts dripping...
Replies
Views
Hello guys, a couple of months back I installed a new shower and sink into a part of the house that hadn't previously been plumbed in. This forced me to run some pipes outside the walls, so I put in stopcocks at the point where the new pipework joins the old Just In Case. I used copper pipe and...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock