Search the forum,

Discuss problem with a worcester bosch greenstar CDi condensing boiler cutting out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

moyra stenhouse

Help! We had the above boiler fitted 2 years ago and it seems to have developed a life of it's own!! My 90 year old mum lives with us who feels the cold and the only way to keep the radiators hot is to have the system on constant and put the thermostat up and down. It's costing us a fortune in gas.
When i put the system on timer I need to time the heating to come on at 3am in order that the rads are hot by 6am. Likewise the heating came on at 3pm today but the rads didn't heat up till around 5pm and now they have started to cool down even though not timed to go off till 10pm and the house is not warm.

Our plumber has flushed through all the rads but can't understand the problem with the boiler. Has anyone heard of a similar problem?

Hoping someone can shed light on this!

Moyra Stenhouse

Is the house cold or rads just not red hot, might be a case of the rooms are at temperature so the rads aren't needed to be blazing hot.

Help! We had the above boiler fitted 2 years ago and it seems to have developed a life of it's own!! My 90 year old mum lives with us who feels the cold and the only way to keep the radiators hot is to have the system on constant and put the thermostat up and down. It's costing us a fortune in gas.
When i put the system on timer I need to time the heating to come on at 3am in order that the rads are hot by 6am. Likewise the heating came on at 3pm today but the rads didn't heat up till around 5pm and now they have started to cool down even though not timed to go off till 10pm and the house is not warm.

Our plumber has flushed through all the rads but can't understand the problem with the boiler. Has anyone heard of a similar problem?

Hoping someone can shed light on this!

Moyra Stenhouse

This has only happened this winter. We only have one thermostat in the hall. The room rads cool down even when the room is cool. I timed the heating came on today at 3pm in the hope that the rads would be hot by teatime. They were but started to cool down around 8pm even though the room was cool and now they are boiling hot again.

Ok but can you say when the boiler was last serviced and looked at thoroughly.

If the room stat is wireless, it could be faulty, dropping out.....Get a GSR to do a check and service boiler too

This has only happened this winter. We only have one thermostat in the hall. The room rads cool down even when the room is cool. I timed the heating came on today at 3pm in the hope that the rads would be hot by teatime. They were but started to cool down around 8pm even though the room was cool and now they are boiling hot again.

Thanks for trying to help. The boiler was serviced back in September at the same time the rads were flushed out. The engineer then saw the problem but cldnt say for sure what was happening. He suggested installing a larger gas supply pipe? Thermostat isn't wireless and has been checked by our electrician.

I timed the heating to come on at 4 am this morning so the house was just warm by 6.30. Although the the heating is due to go off at 8.30 the rads have already started to cool down.

It's sounds like either the room the thermostat is fitted is warm although the other rooms aren't, or the stat is out of calibration.

could be a diverter fault ie the diverter is sending the hw to the domestic port aand so the heating is starved ,it sound as if it is cycling anyway, is the pump noise changing at any time ? check for intermitant continuity on pump and stat wiring, has the stat got a accelerater resistor fitted this cuts the hysterisis time down but if its faulty it may affect the stat function.Finaly it could be a partial air lock or cavitaation in the pump (not likely)

Turn the stat up turn the rad in the hall down or even off and to make sure it's not just the hall reaching desired temp and shutting down the heating.

I agree with birchall.

If sludge and air have been erased as the problem then it's a cycling possibility, the question is where.
Dodgy programmers, stats, pumps etc can have intermitant continuity problems which wlll cause cycling just not the cycling commonly found and requires extra time when testing to find, a tester across the terminals then seeing power for a second and leaving it won't find a intermitant continuity problem.

You should get someone out to check through everything thoroughly again, if your engineer couldn't find the problem then call someone else out, sometimes a fresh set of eyes and mind is all thats needed.

I have a green star condensing boiler age 2years serviced 10months ago hot water is fine central heating cuts out before the state setting has been reached so it's hard to try and balance rads new them fitted new control programmer fitted new pump fitted all radiators taken off and flushed and all new valves fitted

You need to be registered as a forum user. Then for us to give you any boiler info you need to be a gsr.

Please read the forum rules.

Job 38.11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to problem with a worcester bosch greenstar CDi condensing boiler cutting out in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock