Discuss Problem with a instantaneous gas water heater running a thermostatic shower in the DIY Bathroom Remodelling Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Reaction score
Hi Guys.
just fitted a thermostatic shower to a Vaillant MAG-sine 250/7 ATZFW H multipoint boiler.
And it doesn't seem that warm enough, in between the 38% (default setting) and the MAX setting the difference is only 2%.
Any idea's how I can more heat out of it?
thanks in advance.

uHeat Forum Sponsor - PlumbersForums.net
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Riley

S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Reaction score
I assume you’re meaning °c rather than %. Is your hot water on the boiler turned up?

OP
gort
Reaction score
It's around 36%c out of the shower, and when I turn the bar shower valve up to MAX it does't make much difference

king of pipes

Plumber
Gas Engineer
Reaction score
More to the point have you adjusted the temperature control as the manufacturers instructions ? all new showers are set to a maximum 42degrees by the manufacturer, if you have hot water everywhere else this could be the problem . Kop

townfanjon

Plumber
Gas Engineer
Reaction score
As above just needs calibrating , read the instructions if you have them

OP
gort
Reaction score
More to the point have you adjusted the temperature control as the manufacturers instructions ? all new showers are set to a maximum 42degrees by the manufacturer, if you have hot water everywhere else this could be the problem . Kop
I take it you have fitted it the correct orientation?
I haven't done the installation...got a mate to do it, sorry what do you mean by orientation?

Gasmk1

Gas Engineer
Reaction score
have you considered that there is not enough hot flow through the shower so its modulating down so as not to overheat.

Ben-gee

Plumber
Reaction score
Is there a button to press on the flow control?

This limits the flow and can cause this problem as gasmk1 suggests above.

If there is, press button and fully open valve- if this sorts the problem. Remove flow handle and remove the plastic ‘snail trail’ do the valve just opens fully without the button needing to be used.

OP
gort
Reaction score
thanks guy's,
I've got it warmer by turning up the boiler....now... why didn't I think of that.

Plumbing Advice - Find Plumbers Jobs
uHeat Forum Sponsor - PlumbersForums.net
Corgi Direct - Plumbers Forums Sponsor
Test4Less PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Wetroom Store - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Power Shower Booster - Official PlumbersForums.net Sponsor
Plumbase - PlumbersForums.net Sponsor

Latest Plumbing Advice

Top Bottom