Search the forum,

Discuss Problem plumbing in washing machine after move in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Irish lad

All,

Moved this weekend, connected up washing machine and no joy. It is not taking in water from the cold inlet. The valve is open but no water is flowing. We've tried a new hose but with the same problem.

Questions (I know nothing about plumbing as will become obvious):

(i) if the cold water inlet valve is open with no hose attached, should water flow? It does not at present.
(ii) would there be another valve somewhere that needs turning? The only ones I can see are one attached to the hot water inlet and two on the Vaillant boiler nearby, which I'm guessing are nothing to do with it.

Will call a plumber out if needs be but thought it worth checking here.

We also have a leak under the sink! Moving eh?

Thanks to all.

Hi,

I take it you have water everywhere else in the house? If not, the stopcock is probably turned off. If so then it looks like a stuck valve somewhere along the run to the washing machine.

Maybe worth the cost of a plumber if you're not confident if I'm being honest.

Just to close this off. Upon further inspection, I found a valve further down the pipe with a screw that needed turning to open the flow. Saved myself the cost (and embarrassment!) of calling a plumber for such a simple job!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Problem plumbing in washing machine after move in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have a utility room with a washing machine but no sink. Wife wants sink. There is room to fit one and the waste will connect to wahing machine waste but the problem is in the water supply. Currently there is only hot and cold washing machine hose fitting isolators attached to very short...
Replies
Views
A few months ago I wanted to connect a 1000l water butt (fabricated from galv steel) to our washing machine. After trawling many forums and websites for advice the general consensus was don't bother. I like a challenge so connected up the butt initially with nothing else in line, the washer...
Replies
Views
Hi My washing machine is 5m away from the water mains copper pipe/valve. I've currently got a long blue inlet hose connecting the washing machine to the copper pipe/valve. Is this OK or should I get more copper pipe added and then use a shorter blue in let hose to connect the 2?
Replies
Views
Hi, all. I have a leak problem behind the washing machine. It's a pipe that is leaking directly into a drain. It used to drip but now is leaking a steady stream without stopping. Seems to be coming from water heater but I cannot tell. It is cold water. When I turn off the main water supply, it...
Replies
Views
Pritesh Patel
P
K
I am plumbing in my washing machine and the copper pipe with blue tap/switch on it has no water from it when you open it. The hot version works fine. Both are side arms from the nearby sink supply which both work fine. Help much appreciated! Thank you.
Replies
Views
KateTa
K
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock