Search the forum,

Discuss Problem fitting new ceramic cartridge in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi,
I had a leaking basin mixer tap. The Methven brand tap was leaking through the top. I was able to source 2 new replacement ceramic cartridges (1 as a spare). Both are identical to the old one. When I put either of the new ones into the tap & put it back together, the water won't turn on. There is only 1 way the cartridge can go in, so that's not the issue. As soon as I turn the tap on there is a hissing noise like the water is being shut off.
I'm trying to establish what I'm doing wrong. Surely both of the new cartridges can't be faulty ??

20220822_171947.jpg
20220822_171923.jpg
20220822_171927.jpg
20220822_171942.jpg
20220822_171934.jpg

Unlikely that both are faulty unless a bad batch. Could you be more specific on the tap model?
Hi
Thanks for replying i dont have a model number. See photos attached

Reply to Problem fitting new ceramic cartridge in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

i can't tell if my shower tap (cock stop) is leaking or not ...............so after showering, the shower head will drip fast for 2 hours, then drip slowly after that...........i put a bucket under the shower head to collect the water for 26 hours the first time.............then 19 hours the...
Replies
Views
Hello. My mixer shower (non-electric) recently started running luke warm. I know this can happen at this time of year over winter but I've been in the property over 10 years and it's never been this bad before. The combi boiler was checked and is ok. The hot water from taps is uneffected and...
Replies
Views
I am trying to replace the cartridge for a waterfall tap (mixer mono) for the bathroom sink, I have run into a problem whereby I cannot remove the cartridge as the usual 32mm nut is recessed and I cannot get to it. The tap is from screwfix ( NIAGARA WATERFALL BASIN MONO MIXER TAP) I have...
Replies
Views
I have a dripping tap that was getting progressively worse over the period of about 4 to 6 weeks and have replaced with a brand new cartridge on 2 separate occasions, but after 4 to 6 weeks the problem returns.
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi, basic question. I have a leaking kitchen tap. I'm a bit confused on the part I need to get. On Screwfix I can see "Flomasta 1/2 inch BSP quarter turn ceramic tap glands" - are these the right parts? But I can also see 8x8mm 20-tooth spines, 9x9mm 20-Tooth Spines and others - which of these...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock