Search the forum,

Discuss Probation gas inspection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kevin abbott

Hi, I've recently passed my domestic gas and now have an inspection in a month . One at my home address and one at a job . I've recently done a combi boiler so I've got a job to show him . Was just wondering what sort of things he would be asking and sirtbof things the inspection will consist of .

He will ask you questions about the instal. The gas rate for the boiler and gas pipe sizing, FGA readings etc.. They will look at install, the flue and termination, Ask you to perform some tests like a tightness test, a safety test on the boiler maybe, and will fire a few questions about procedures and tests on whatever appliances your licenced for. It should all be in your knowledge base by now and will not be difficult to keep them happy as long as you can demonstrate competence, experience and a good knowledge of gas. Good luck mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Probation gas inspection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. just had my probationary inspection. Most of the inspection went ok, apart from when the inspector asked me questions about gas fires and gas cookers. I have my ticket for boilers and the inspection for all that side went fine. The last time I did anything about fires and cookers was 5 years...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi, just a quick query (hopefully). We’ve got a combi boiler installed in a cupboard with the flue going 90° then directly through the external wall to where it terminates. We’ve had numerous gas safety certificates for it over the years with having lodgers etc, but we’re about to sell the house...
Replies
Views
Inexplicably a wok gas hob on my cooker is stuck - I have been unable to pull it out even with a crowbar (I kept the tension exerted to reasonable levels). That wok hob has never worked properly, i.e. the flame that came out of it when the cooker was brand new, was too weak for proper...
Replies
Views
About 10 months I started having issues with a gas like smell in my home and the gas board was unable to find any gas leak I've still got the issue. When I first made contacted enviromental health I was told the following Could be my drains and to have my drains checked. Could be the sewers...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a gas warning notice for at risk as the outside wall meter box has been drilled through for the gas pipe to go horizontal straight to the boiler. The...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock