Search the forum,

Discuss Prison maintenance work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
Anyone had a job doing plumbing maintenance at prisons through amey?

45 mile down the road from me Wetherby.

We have HMYOI Deerbolt on the doorstep.

The company I was an apprentice for had a site inside Franklin Prison. 1st rule was dodge the paper bags thrown from cell windows.

I have done work in prisons a right ball ache you end up feeling like you are a inmate yourself everything takes so long because of security, no mobiles allowed tools are checked in and checked out lucky if you get 5 hours work done a day often you have a prison warden overseeing the work for your own safety , wasn't for me . Kop

It was definitely different,
Murders constantly calling for works lol. Ive met all the people you see on these crime docs got there books signed at home sad uh!

Found it slow aswell every time general alarm goes off and inmate movement. Had total feedom in there no more knooks and crannys it that place than the prison service does.

How you getting on in there.
[automerge]1571308939[/automerge]
Kop,
Use to go on wings and spurs on my own with tool bag,
Know what you mean about tool checks use to get stopped by dst and dogs for random searches (dst dedicated search team)
Officer would leave you,
Most officer dont follow rules.
[automerge]1571309112[/automerge]
Sorry matt never answered ya question.
Everything plumbing gas tumble dryers washing machines re fit cells after smash up,
Observation glass replacements,
Fitting razor wire all sorts mate
[automerge]1571309528[/automerge]
Murders constantly calling for works lol. Ive met all the people you see on these crime docs got there books signed at home sad uh!

Found it slow aswell every time general alarm goes off and inmate movement. Had total feedom in there no more knooks and crannys it that place than the prison service does.

Kop,
Know what you mean about tool checks use to get stopped by dst and dogs for random searches (dst dedicated search team)
Officer would leave you,
Everything plumbing gas tumble dryers washing machines re fit cells after smash up,
Dont know what cat your place is mate,
If its cat a high risk please keep ya bottle. If they offer stuff and deals.
Just say no mate cant do that please dnt ask again. In my experience that was good enough they dont want to have privileges taken away. They ask once i didnt report same in mate never asked twice.

Last edited:

Kop,
Officer would leave you,
[automerge]1571309528[/automerge]

Dont know what cat your place is mate,
If its cat a high risk please keep ya bottle. If they offer stuff and deals.
Just say no mate cant do that please dnt ask again. In my experience that was good enough they dont want to have privileges taken away. They ask once i didnt report same in mate never asked twice.
You worked in the cells with the prisoners?

Yes mate there suppose to leave the cell but not all of them do and the officers use to leave us, safer on our own than with an officer.
Make sure u check the blots out on the cell door so they cant pull it closed and lock you in with them YOU DONT WANT TO BE A HOSTAGE.
[automerge]1571315149[/automerge]
In training we got told if your attacked use any means nessercery to get away. Screw driver fire extinguisher what ever means to survive,
I know it sounds harsh but in the cat As if they attack its you or them mate.
Not nice but true.
What cat is your prison your looking at joining.

Don't know if I should have started a new thread for this or just posted on here but it is linked.

Just wondering if anybody knows if someone is a lumber and they go to prison can they get working as a plumber inside?

Main jobs for people going in there seems to be just cleaners and maybe kitchen but this would be alot better

Reply to Prison maintenance work in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't rip me off? An office guy recommended me to apply for government rebates and get it installed through timetosave.com.au. How reliable is this...
Replies
Views
Recently had a Viessmann Vitodens combi boiler installed, quite often when the adjacent cold mixer tap is opened the boiler starts for a few seconds! Can anyone tell me what is causing this? And how to cure?
Replies
Views
Fitted unvented hotwater cylinder building control looking forms signed it off job was in england i am qualified northern ireland send out a form to fill in what do u need to sign off in england as building control said they dont give out forms like they do in northern ireland
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know a good, not super expensive, leak detection company in the London area?
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock