Search the forum,

Discuss price............just checking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

secret squirrel

Today, I quoted for a basin mixer tap and waste replacement, the waste has a posh push pull thing at the rear of the mixer tap. It is a built in vanity unit and access is not going to be easy. I quoted £80 is this in the right ball park......

My theory is it should only take a couple of hours but I'm learning really fast my couple of hours and reality is longer.........

Your views would be welcome.........

Jpm,

Thanks for the reply, I thought I was about right, sometimes when I give a quote people look at me shocked and I worry that I'm charging too much.

Then I think about the tools we carry and the bits and bobs that you can go just pop to the van for, the annoying drip that just needs a new olive, our knowledge, and I then realise that's what people pay for.

Still doesn't stop me wondering sometimes though.....thanks

Thats about right for two hours without materials, its what I would charge. Maybe not now, but even a year ago, there was plumbers charging more, ecspecially in London.

I would refuse to give a fiixed price! Last job I did like that took 5 hours instead of 1 1/2!
Don't do it

thats a reasonable price secret as you are building your contacts-once established i would have leaned towards 100.00 plus materials as it could go either way easy 2 hours or crappy 5 but earning 100.00 a day is nice

Is ok but those pop up waste overflows are a pain in the arse sometimes. 90% of the time they are fine though some just leak no matter what you do and it's a bit of a mess around taking it back down two or three times and sealing it again especially if you are tiling a splashback ....so just bear that in mind make sure you seal both under the rim of the top section and again underneath for the overflow section and again on top of the underneath section and make sure it is double tight. Put the rod in first then tighten the top section . Hope this helps. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to price............just checking in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock