Search the forum,

Discuss Prevent initial cold water from shower in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I'm thinking of fitting a Grohe thermostatic shower. It uses the "Grohe 35500 Rapido T Universal Thermostatic Mixer for Concealed Installation".

I have very few options with the positioning of the showerhead and thermostat, and those positions mean that I will be standing under the head when the water is turned on.

Although the mixer is thermostatic, I'm worried that, for the few seconds after I've turned it on in the morning, I'm going to be doused in cold water (unless I turn it on and leap back as quick as I can).

Is it possible to prevent this problem, or will the Grohe somehow empty the residual water automatically?

As I said, it isn't fitted yet - but I can't find any mention of this online.

Thanks for any answers.

Andy

Is it possible to prevent this problem, or will the Grohe somehow empty the residual water automatically?
Google for 'remote control shower' or 'digital shower'. These allow you to control the shower without being in it. Most, if not all, of the big brands offer them these days.

Concealed installation you say in your opening post. Just place controls where they can be adjusted inside shower and switched on without getting wet.
Or as chuck says, digital with extra remote.

Reply to Prevent initial cold water from shower in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock