Search the forum,

Discuss pressure vessel pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nostrum

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Unless anyone has any better options, i'm looking at getting one of the Regin pressure vessel pumps as the foot pump I use now doesn't have a long enough hose to use your foot with, so its a bit awkward. I use a digital tyre pressure gauge so not fussed about a built in pressure gauge.

Anyone had any problems with them?

Aldi had some excellent floor standing pumps on special a while ago, just like the regin ones with super long hoses. £5. I wish i bought more than 1.

Anyway, might be worth seeing if they still have any if you're passing.

Got a couple of Crivit floor standing pumps for £5 each out of a Lidl sale.
They are great for high pressure - so ideal for putting air into expansion vessels on unvented units.
Very well made but hoses are fairly short. Guess they could be extended.

Last edited:
I've tried to find just a hose extension for a foot pump but can't find one anywhere apart from one for a Honda gold wing from America which makes it more expensive than its worth. I'll have a look in aldi/lidl and if not ill buy the regin one.

cheers for the replies

I want one of these too. It's a pain sometimes and I can't always squeeze the old footpump with my hands like I used to be able to.

I bought my pressure vessel pump on ebay. Dont do what I did and buy the £5 quid cheaper "Todays Tools" version... very poor design, the base fell off mine when i unpacked it, cheap screwed together tat! The Regin looks alot better made.

Cheers all, got one today from partscenter £19+vat. Already used it twice as well, seems like a good piece of kit.

The regin pump is handy, much easier than using foot pump with hands, though don't feel i'm getting suchj a work out any more, especially recharging exp vessels for unvented cylinders!

Though for larger comercial vessels I jsut use a small compressor with tyre inflator, no way I'm pumping anything up larger than 50l

Haha yes I felt the same when i used it, like, is that it? Only problem is I am quite tall and felt like a bit of a tool stood in this blokes kitchen with my feet close together bobbing up and down on this pump!

The foot pump by hand was a bit more macho, ah well still a good buy.

youlln need the little right angled exstension for the regin as its not always posible to get the connector on some vessels also dont do what i did and take it back because it wouldnt stay on the clip works in reverse to every pump ive ever owned before you have to pull the bar up to lock on to the valve not push down like normal

Yep took me a few attempts to realise this Steve, I had the end in bits wondering what was getting in the way! Kind of made sense when I looked at the end and saw how it worked, very odd though isn't it

I use the pump that i use on my show on bike works perfect also nice a small

I have the regin just got the little extension for it as we'll thought it would be a bit longer than it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pressure vessel pump in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
Hi I have a Glow-worm back boiler which is giving me grief (I would have upgraded it by now but its a listed building and there's issues with venting through the external wall and I'm reluctant to go with an electric boiler instead (because of the consumption cost)). It's a sealed system. The...
Replies
Views
I live most of the year on a tiny Caribbean island with no mains water. I collect rain in a 25,000 gallon cistern which is then pumped to the taps. But the house is build against a hill top. My water system is as illustrated below enabling the domestic water and garden irrigation to be served...
Replies
Views
Hello, I need some help. Problem: my jet pump fluctuates between 15-35psi and will not build any pressure higher than that. There is a swooshing or surging sound that continually occurs. Location: it pulls water from a lake to supply the house. Lift is 40ft distance from foot valve to pump...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock