Search the forum,

Discuss Pressure vessel pump?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

macka09

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi guys. What pumps are most of you using to check/pump expansion vessels? Cheers all

EA7D3AC2-EF80-4446-AE7A-19D9CB57C1E1.jpeg
Tell me more please! Which manufacturer has an extra long hose?

Its a twin barrelled pump but I lengthened the hose. Heyner brand.

Typical. Just ran to Halfords and all there’s the hoses were short. Also the dials don’t seem the best

Mains voltage compressor for me.
Saves me sweating.
The expansion vessels on unvented units are just too much for me doing it with a manual pump

Last edited:
As usual, odd advice from me. For pressurised heating systems ( to 1 bar ish), an electric Adidas / Puma sports pump from Sports Direct. Will get to 1 bar with ease, 2 bar with a struggle!!

For expansion vessels on unvented systems, a small CO2 cartridge in an emergency bike pump. They cost 49p/ cartridge and will charge to 4bar in 30 seconds - you then reduce the pressure to the required value.

With both, you don't need long hoses ( or foot pumps from the 1980’s) - sorry Townfanjon (but if you have it use it)

Quick, simple and effective.

The best advice I have recently received is to use a wet vac when changing radiator valves - simple, obvious and it works everytime. No potential for any mess.

Reply to Pressure vessel pump?? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock