Search the forum,

Discuss Pressure Relief Valve Overflowing & Grundfos MQ Pump pressure in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a Grundfos MQ series domestic pump and it has started cycling on and off. The pressure at the outlet reaches approx 2 bar of pressure and the pump shuts off. The pressure then immediately drops as it overflows out of the Pressure Relief valve. Once the pressure gets to 1.5 bar the pump kicks in and the cycle of off/on starts again and again.

I have today replaced the pressure relief valve and the pump was fine for about an hour and now it has started to go through the same process of dumping water out the pressure relief valve and cycling through the on/off process of getting up to 2 bar and then losing pressure.

Attached is a short video of it happening and a picture of the pump and PRV.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what the issue may be?

Thanks in advance of any help and support you can provide

Blackrock63

Attachments

• IMG_1446.JPG
    IMG_1446.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1448.mp4
    3.1 MB
UPDATE: I have managed to sort this issue. It turned out to be a faulty expansion vessel which Dumb& Dumber plumbers had fitted incorrectly. The PRV did keep releasing water for a few days after i replaced the EV but it now seems to hve settled down and everything seems good again

Reply to Pressure Relief Valve Overflowing & Grundfos MQ Pump pressure in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock