Search the forum,

Discuss Pressure relief valve on new wall in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

We are in the process of having an extension built and our new combi boiler was installed about a month ago. The wall is now looking damp and going green, I’m worried it can only get worse, is this normal?
Thank you.
Anna

Attachments

• D05B9A11-3DD2-4341-A335-7CD3361F7C6E.jpeg
    D05B9A11-3DD2-4341-A335-7CD3361F7C6E.jpeg
    573.6 KB · Views: 38
Good morning Anna,

No it’s not normal, under normal operation. Check the filling loop/key, as a first port of call. You may have had it installed on a dirty system, which could have debris on the seating, or a blocked communication pipe to the expansion vessel. I doubt the vessel has failed already.

For that amount of water on the wall I am staggered theres any in it .
Has the filling loop been left open. ? When the heating is on what happens to the gauge ?

For that amount of water on the wall I am staggered theres any in it .
Has the filling loop been left open. ? When the heating is on what happens to the gauge ?
Hi, I’m not sure what the filling loop is. Here are some more photos. The plumber is coming back on Monday but he seems to think it’s our fault for letting the bar go too high, although we haven’t seen it go high. I have lost faith after seeing the comments about how he fixed our pipe work under the sink.

Attachments

• 9D870887-CAD5-4885-9449-BD74E985380C.jpeg
    9D870887-CAD5-4885-9449-BD74E985380C.jpeg
    291.4 KB · Views: 33
  • 360A2057-9F6C-49E4-9747-935CBE2384B5.jpeg
    360A2057-9F6C-49E4-9747-935CBE2384B5.jpeg
    287.6 KB · Views: 34
  • A78E11F7-CEF2-4770-A75F-084CC6CF5740.jpeg
    A78E11F7-CEF2-4770-A75F-084CC6CF5740.jpeg
    317.3 KB · Views: 34
Hi, I’m not sure what the filling loop is. Here are some more photos. The plumber is coming back on Monday but he seems to think it’s our fault for letting the bar go too high, although we haven’t seen it go high. I have lost faith after seeing the comments about how he fixed our pipe work under the sink.
Saying that there were 3 plumbers. 2 installed the boiler and the other did the pipe work under the sink and he is the one coming back to install another radiator.

Do you mean just the photo of under the sink or the boiler installation too?
Sorry boiler installation isnt much better than the kitchen sink job , it may be the angle of the pic but it doesn’t look like the filter can be serviced , condensate pipe is a joke , and filling loop should have 2 user friendly levers , not one and a screwdriver valve , but its useable to be fair .

Sorry boiler installation isnt much better than the kitchen sink job , it may be the angle of the pic but it doesn’t look like the filter can be serviced , condensate pipe is a joke , and filling loop should have 2 user friendly levers , not one and a screwdriver valve , but its useable to be fair .
Thank you for all your advice, it’s been very kind of you to spend your time replying to my comments.

Anna,

The filling loop is the braided hose directly under the boiler, and the black lever one appears slightly open, can’t tell on the other. Are you able to close the valve? Turning it more to 90 degreees.

Thank you for all your advice, it’s been very kind of you to spend time answering my questions,

Anna,

The filling loop is the braided hose directly under the boiler, and the black lever one appears slightly open, can’t tell on the other. Are you able to close the valve? Turning it more to 90 degreees.
I have turned the valve 90 degrees, I turned the heating down to 12 about half an hour ago because I was worried about it all but I have just noticed the bar is now nearly 3!

Attachments

• 469D2F1E-FACA-4B88-B733-D36B70567600.jpeg
    469D2F1E-FACA-4B88-B733-D36B70567600.jpeg
    303.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 080214EC-B20C-4A1D-9278-B002D93D3164.jpeg
    080214EC-B20C-4A1D-9278-B002D93D3164.jpeg
    257.8 KB · Views: 17
I have turned the valve 90 degrees, I turned the heating down to 12 about half an hour ago because I was worried about it all but I have just noticed the bar is now nearly 3!
Yes Anna, the other valve is open, so with the cold main being slightly open, will have built up over time. If it’s not leaking outside, then try and drain some heating water from a radiator.

The filling loop should of been disconnected after istalation and commissioning for this very reason , get the boiler serviced it a year old ? I believe any decent GSI will sort this out . Ps dont let the two pretenders back in 😉. Kop

Thank you, it is leaking outside so does that mean we don’t need to drain a radiator 🤞

It does, but it’ll lose the pressure again, so wait until it’s drained again, and then raise the pressure (both taps to be opened, one at a time), to approx 1.2 bar. If it’s leaks again afterwards, I’d say that the pressure relief is passing on the seating.

Reply to Pressure relief valve on new wall in the General Off-Topic Chat area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
We have 2 brand new cordless, battery powered press tools in stock, and flying off the shelves. Our TekTools TZ1930 & TZ1550 are packed with advanced features - these cordless press tools are engineered for speed, precision, and ease of use across various applications. Just reply to this thread...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock