Search the forum,

Discuss Pressure Pump strain on incoming line? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

J

Jack Devine

Does a pressure pump system add additional strain to the line coming from the city water meter to my house? 200' run

Probably...
If you had to add a pressure pump to get adequate water pressure to your house, the the city water main does not provide adequate flow of water..
Adding a pressure pump will only try to suck water from the inadequate water main to pressurize your house main..

Like sailing a boat against a current of 10 knots with wind no wind - going backwards

Reply to Pressure Pump strain on incoming line? in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Pumps and low pressure I moved the bathroom to the back the house (next room) upstairs. I put in two pumps because low pressure water area. One for shower and one for bath. They both work intermittently and I often need to get them started with a magnet! They were new pumps. In the shower the...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I’m hoping someone can help me with this problem please. I’ve searched for similar posts but not found anything helpful! My mum’s house has a pump which pulses on and off every time a tap is opened. Even filling the bath (pressure is strong) the pump won’t come on and stay on but...
Replies
Views
Can i add additional outdoor taps by extending an existing outdoor water line (exiting outdoor tap) or does it have to be from the water mains ? will it reduce the water pressure ?
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hello, I need some help. Problem: my jet pump fluctuates between 15-35psi and will not build any pressure higher than that. There is a swooshing or surging sound that continually occurs. Location: it pulls water from a lake to supply the house. Lift is 40ft distance from foot valve to pump...
Replies
Views
Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock