Search the forum,

Discuss Pressure loss warmflow in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi all first post in this forum and hopefully someone can advise.
I have a warmflow external oil Combi boiler approx 4 years old.
Problem I'm having is this time of year when we start using the heating I am intermittently loosing all pressure on boiler and needing to refill, it has worked fine all summer and the same last year on hot water, there is no pattern to loss it may be ok for a couple of weeks or a couple of days, last did it this morning and I am seeing water sitting in the bottom casing of boiler. It doesn't look like it's coming from the pressure relief valve.It Is definitely related to when the heating is running, is something maybe cracked and expanding? I would of thought it would do it all the time if this was the case..
Anyone come across this or point me in the right direction?

Really needs eyes on carefully check all joints - auto air vents - pump valves are prone to leaking - is expansion vessel correct pressure? Prv check very carefully.
When was it last serviced?

Really needs eyes on carefully check all joints - auto air vents - pump valves are prone to leaking - is expansion vessel correct pressure? Prv check very carefully.
Serviced last year, as I said though I can check boiler every day and all looks good, no signs of leaks but when it does go the boiler has water in the bottom suggesting it happens in one go, it would be easier to isolate if it was constant.

Check prv outlet pipework may just be a loose compression nut or similar allowing water to finish up inside boiler if prv operates . Having said that prv should not be operating randomly. As it looks like your about due for boiler servicing maybe time for a competent oil service engineer?

Sorry I can’t help but wanted to add that we also have an external oil Warmflow boiler with exactly the same symptoms at the same age. The installer couldn’t fix it and was billing us while he tried.
After threatening him and Warmflow with legal action, Warmflow sent various different engineers numerous times, who still couldn’t fix it. They refused to admit liability and replace it. They then just walked away, leaving us with no hot water or heating.
Never going near Warmflow again!

Check prv outlet pipework may just be a loose compression nut or similar allowing water to finish up inside boiler if prv operates . Having said that prv should not be operating randomly. As it looks like your about due for boiler servicing maybe time for a competent oil service

Sorry I can’t help but wanted to add that we also have an external oil Warmflow boiler with exactly the same symptoms at the same age. The installer couldn’t fix it and was billing us while he tried.
After threatening him and Warmflow with legal action, Warmflow sent various different engineers numerous times, who still couldn’t fix it. They refused to admit liability and replace it. They then just walked away, leaving us with no hot water or heating.
Never going near Warmflow again!
And this is my worry. First few months we had intermittent hot water,after numerous visits from warmflow engineers and the threat of charging it turned out to be a bit of plastic in the hot water pump..

Plumber friend of mine told me a few years ago that he had ce across a number of the above with leaking heat exchangers apparently due to poor quality build control,
Doesn’t surprise me in the slightest. It would have been cheaper for them to have acknowledged that at the start and replaced the boiler rather than repeated visits changing bits and bobs that ultimately achieved nothing. And we’d have a working boiler rather than a rusty pile of scrap!

Reply to Pressure loss warmflow in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer are) and one of the guys there reckoned it might be "The Gap". I went to the new stockist and the guy there disagreed it was "The Gap" and that he'd...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock