Search the forum,

Discuss pressure loss on sealed system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bigbeak07

im totally stuck with a central heating system i installed last may. everything was working fine until last dec when i got a fone call from the customer claiming that the pressure on her boiler had dropped to zero. the boiler itself is a worcester 40 cdi and was fitted onto an existing open vent system. The house is very large and over all has 9 large old double panelled radiators, without the convector fins. my immediate instinct was a small leak so i checked all the new trv and lockshield valves i had fitted for leakage and added a dose of fernox leak sealer. after a few days i got another fone call to say that the pressure had dropped again. i went back and checked the prv and expansion vessel, they were all fine, next i started to zone off the upstairs circuit from the downstairs and left this for a day to find the pressure staying up. since then i've had all the downstairs pipework (which is all copper with yorkshie fittings) exposed and have not managed to trace any weeps at all.
Could the explantion for the pressure loss be due to the expansion vessel on the boiler being too small and needing an extra one fitted?
:confused:
ive ran the boiler to correct running temperature and pressure is rising to correct 4% increase.(no overpressurising)
Ive considered repiping the downstairs circuit although the customer cannot see the point if a leak cannot be found.

everyones ideas wud b much appreciated! many thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to pressure loss on sealed system in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock