Search the forum,

Discuss pressure loss and air in ground floor rad and top foor towel rad in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

Towel rad in bathroom needs bleeding every few days and now noticed a small rad downstaris also has air in it regularly. Pressure drops every few days and needs topping up. I've tested with a flame for corrosion and it's clear, tried leak sealer and checked for weaping rad connections . I cant see anywhere that's leaking and cant figure out why air is regularly getting into the small rad in downstairs bathroom as well as the towel rad upstairs.

Any ideas please?

thanks

More information please
Type of boiler combi or system/heat only
Have you checked pressure relief pipe outside?
Expansion vessel checked for correct pressure?

More information please
Hi

Combi boiler,
No escape from pressure release pipe. Expansion vessel was re pressurised to manufacture spec about 4 months ago when boiler was serviced. The problem has been ongoing now for about 6 months.

Id assumed air would collect in highest rad and not not come across air collecting in small downstairs rad before.

Thanks

More information please
Hi

Combi boiler,
No escape from pressure release pipe. Expansion vessel was re pressurised to manufacture spec about 4 months ago when boiler was serviced. The problem has been ongoing now for about 6 months.

Reply to pressure loss and air in ground floor rad and top foor towel rad in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock