Search the forum,

Discuss pressure ecotec pro ? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a Vialliant ecoTEC pro 28 . last week or so it has been a bit temperamental ,sometimes comes on sometimes not .the answer was generally to add more water , my fill loop only has one tap to fill and that on;y fills a little ,i always remember two taps ,,anyway i get the usual F 75 and press reset makes the usual noise and starts up , last few this has not happened ,i have to open the the tap for a second or two and hear a little bit of water going in it then works as normal , pressure says 1.6 , this does not change , after some searching i think it may be a water sensor problem , any advice would be great

Ideal pressure is 1.5 bar and no more. There are a variety of reasons why your boiler might loose pressure. The difference between zero and 1.5 bar on a normal domestic pressurised heating system
is about 5 litres or two large coke bottles. There is a protocol for checking this type of system
1. look for obvious signs of damp 2. Check the prv the valve that goes to outside ..they can weep
3. watch the pressure as it can go up and then drop...thats a boiler problem.
How often does it loose pressure that is crucial in id the problem. ?
centralheatking

Not for a few years and then i thought there was two taps,
[automerge]1575225360[/automerge]
just checked the boiler, heating been on for 3 hours or so the screen is showing 3.6 bar . i think this is far too high

Last edited:
many thanks will do asap
[automerge]1575230418[/automerge]
New boiler or repair ?

If it's just the expansion vessel then it can either be fixed or replaced depending what the exact problem is. Not a major job. Not a DIY job though.

Cheers Stigster , I could top the water up thats all ., no danger of me taking the cover off .
Now angus here is how to mitigate your problem. The expansion vessel that fits inside and at the back of most combi boilers will be quite expensive to to change in terms of labour and the bespoke part. My advice is after consulting with your GSR is to get a suitable capacity exp. that can be fitted eleswhere...they are really cheap...look at
BES at Electric Ave Brum and do the same job...say the boiler type is £150 the generic one will be about £40.00....others will comment ...centralheatking

I agree, CHK. Whenever I have an internal expansion vessel fail I do just that wherever possible. As long as the internal vessel is not leaking it can stay in there.

Thanks CTK/Stigster , guy coming out Wednesday afternoon to have a look i will remember that advice .he comes highly recommended by people i know .. which is always a good thing

Reply to pressure ecotec pro ? in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock