Search the forum,

Discuss Pressure dropping in boiler in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi guys,

Just need a bit of advice, i have a Valiant boiler fitted and over the last few years the pressure has been dropping intermittently, it can go months with no problems then i switch the heating on or turn a hot tap on to find there is no pressure in the boiler and i have to top it up again before it will fire up, over the last few days it is happening everyday, i put the heating on theres no heat, top the boiler up and it works, once the heating switches off the pressure drops and im back to square one.

I have looked over every radiator, trv's, bleed valves and any pipework i can see and there is no leaks that are visable , i had an engineer out about a year ago when it was doing the same thing who said these systems have a known fault with the expansion vessels, he opened up the boiler pumped up the vessle with a pump and the boiler seemed to be ok up until a few weeks ago when it started doing it again.

What i really wanted to know is before i start pulling the floor up to look for a leak is there anything else i can try? Does anyone know if a faulty expansion vessel in the boiler would cause this problem?

Any help would be greatly appeciated.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Reply to Pressure dropping in boiler in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good afternoon, I am experiencing a pressure issue with my heating system and was hoping to receive additional insight as to what the problem could be. We have a biomass boiler and stratification tank set up and recently had an issue with boiler pressure dropping off when the system was cold...
Replies
Views
Hi all not a plumber but am an engineer I have pressure drop in the system Worcester Bosch came back after repressureising the expansion vessel and he replaced the heat exchanger element. The boiler is coming up for 15 years old. The boiler was going below one bar and not increasing when...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a baxi duotec combi boiler that every day or other day needs topping up as pressure drops below 0.5bar. When fired up it can reach OVER 2.5bar also whilst running CH. Is this more than likely a flat Expansion Vessel that needs inflating or could there be other possible causes if...
Replies
Views
N
Intergas Boiler (only 2 years old and serviced each year) pressure dropping to 0b after just 1hr of running - can anyone help? No leaks anywhere
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Greetings. I have an external Worcester Bosch Heatslave boiler and have a question about pressure. The boiler pressure was set to 1.5 during a recent visit by a plumber (as it seemed to have dropped and was hovering between the green and red zone) . A few days later I turned the thermostat down...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock