Search the forum,

Discuss Press fit purchase, possibly rothenberger in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, and thanks for any advice before I start, I'm looking to buy a press fit machine but getting a bit bogged down in detail, I have searched the forum and found a few good posts but nothing specific to what I am looking for.
Questions I would like to know the answers too are:-

1. Can they be used on Gas and/or oil?

2. Do all units work on all fittings? provided they have M jaws? or are there specific ones for mapress and xpress?

3. Any hints or tips on getting better price?

4. which fittings are easier to buy? mapress or xpress?

5. The rothenberger compact one seems to be cheapest, Is this ok for both types of fittings? It seems this is cheapest one:
https://www.jtatkinson.co.uk/rothen...fDvVk5pkdtNN8XCxnzYlWvlpSG8TqjkYaAt40EALw_wcB
But it doesn't specify if it includes jaws, Any body bought this one?

6. How much is the calibration/ service?

Reactions: WC1
1. Yes specific fittings for each
2. M jaws work on mapress, sanha and xpress take a look at Pipework Systems | Pipes | Fitting | Valves | Pipekit and use their live chat. Their people are experts on what works with what.
3. Shop around mate. I got mine second hand but is mint apart from a bit of dust
4. Depends where you are mate, some places stick them all the time. Maybe phone round. I usually have to overnight mine using the people above.
5.cant help you line is novopress
6. Mine was about £110 inc vat and 4 jaws

Hi Jase, I would also be interested to know the above. I am thinking of moving to press fit this year. Never been to a plumbing trade show but I might go to phex? This summer to get my grubby paws on a couple of machines. Can't beat hands on.

I use a combination of press and endfeed now. It is staggering how much it speeds up installs. I was amazed.

Hi Jase, I would also be interested to know the above. I am thinking of moving to press fit this year. Never been to a plumbing trade show but I might go to phex? This summer to get my grubby paws on a couple of machines. Can't beat hands on.
I was just literally thinking this- plumbing show would be perfect place to learn all about them, the worst thing is that I went to a show last year and geberit said they would call me but never did!

1. Yes specific fittings for each
2. M jaws work on mapress, sanha and xpress take a look at Pipework Systems | Pipes | Fitting | Valves | Pipekit and use their live chat. Their people are experts on what works with what.
3. Shop around mate. I got mine second hand but is mint apart from a bit of dust
4. Depends where you are mate, some places stick them all the time. Maybe phone round. I usually have to overnight mine using the people above.
5.cant help you line is novopress
6. Mine was about £110 inc vat and 4 jaws
only just saw this, thank you

Yes they can but different seals for gas/oil also they only go down to 15mm

M profile works with

Geberit Mapress
Yorkshire x press
Sanha upto 54mm
Mpress

Speak to a geberit rep they might be able to help eg buy x amount of fittings get a tool for free

I get mine from either pipekit or bss (geberit)

I’ve got 3

Novopress (geberit also have them under there own name but there just rebranded novos)

Aco103 upto 35mm
Aco203 upto 66.7mm
Aco301 upto 108mm

I highly recommend novopress aco102/103 it’s a brilliant little tool be aware that the new103 doesn’t come with the rotation head

Around the 100 mark

I was wandering whether to buy from eBay! how much is service?

Have to be careful with eBay as I’ve seen a lot of hire stuff being sold prob still on hire

I use a REMS mini press, it came as a kit from pegler with 3 jaws and a few other bits. I get most of my fittings from Williams, they keep them on the shelf in maidstone but there are also online places that do quick delivery.

So after speaking to Geberit rep and local merchants I got some great information:
1. The geberit is only sold by a few merchants,
Graham's, plumb centre, pts and bss I believe.
2. The current geberit offer is £500 off the total price of unit cash back after purchase (although not very clear what needs to be done for this)
3. The geberit unit currently on sale does not have twisting jaws and the one that does twist is no longer available plus jaws are sold seperately but does have bluetooth. Trade price is around £1400 +VAT minus £500 cashback from Geberit.
4. The rothenberger unit includes 3 jaws and 1 battery plus a free torch and extra battery and charger £1050 inc VAT.

I decided to go with rothenberger as much easier to get hold of and cheaper.

I have 1 question though! Can pressfit be used straight off cylinder/boiler or does it still require 1 metre?
If it can be used, where do I find this information?
Using xpress fittings as around 1/3 of price.

20190603_180504.jpg

Yes you can use it straight off a boiler

you can tell how many presses its done and a status update

I've got the Milwaukee 12v press tool with m jaws from 15mm to 28mm & it makes a huge difference time & aesthetics wise. Fittings are a bit pricey but you can justify it easily. I still solder & use push fittings depending on job also.

I've got the Milwaukee 12v press tool with m jaws from 15mm to 28mm & it makes a huge difference time & aesthetics wise. Fittings are a bit pricey but you can justify it easily. I still solder & use push fittings depending on job also.
Yeah, I just priced up a whole load of fittings for stock and it came to £500!
Decided to only buy what I need for now!

Yeah they are quite pricey so select jobs get the privilege. William's stock them but I find Harris & baileys slightly cheaper, depends on brand of fittings. Although William's stock gas fittings on shelf whereas others is on a next day order.
When using them you have to be aware once pressed you cant undo it like soldered, so the measure twice & cut once principle should be followed or they will really be expensive

Yeah they are quite pricey so select jobs get the privilege. William's stock them but I find Harris & baileys slightly cheaper, depends on brand of fittings. Although William's stock gas fittings on shelf whereas others is on a next day order.
When using them you have to be aware once pressed you cant undo it like soldered, so the measure twice & cut once principle should be followed or they will really be expensive
What do Williams stock. Sorry that’s useful to know

There ok you can tell why there’s a price difference

Hi guys, so I have been using the xpress fittings and the rothenberger machine and I noticed the fittings can be twisted on some joints, does this break the integrity of the join or is it perfectly fine to twist it?
I've been using a REMS machine for about 6 months now and it's really good. I use XPress fittings and I haven't had one single fitting turning on me, in fact quite the opposite and they've stayed securely fitted with heavy valves on the copper tails going into the fittings. However I have came across these fittings in public buildings and some can rotate. Perhaps it's the machine needing serviced to crimp the fittings more tightly? You should contact Rothenberger for advice mate.

I've been using a REMS machine for about 6 months now and it's really good. I use XPress fittings and I haven't had one single fitting turning on me, in fact quite the opposite and they've stayed securely fitted with heavy valves on the copper tails going into the fittings. However I have came across these fittings in public buildings and some can rotate. Perhaps it's the machine needing serviced to crimp the fittings more tightly? You should contact Rothenberger for advice mate.
It is only when the fittings setup allows good leverage meaning it is easier to twist, the machine is fine, just wandering if i do twist, will this destroy the tightness of the fitting? Might pressure test it to find out!

It is only when the fittings setup allows good leverage meaning it is easier to twist, the machine is fine, just wandering if i do twist, will this destroy the tightness of the fitting? Might pressure test it to find out!

depends how far less than a 1/8th of a turn your should be fine ive just re pressed it again to make sure still holding at 3 bar (geberit fittings)

Reply to Press fit purchase, possibly rothenberger in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All Looking to purchase a press fit tool and considering many brands. I don’t do a lot of pipe work, so don’t need a heavy duty one. Hot works are becoming a thing of the past. Any recommendations?
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical, carpentry it's been never ending. The house was built by Barratt Homes in the year 2000, it is a 3 bedroom house called a Palmerston, the CH/HW system is a Y...
Replies
Views
Ordered a Mira flight level shower tray and it has come with a shower waste with markings "Pivotal Kohler". It has two compression outlets, one on the side, one on the bottom - for different uses. The side that connects to a pipe seems to be fine but the capped end just has a rubber ring to...
Replies
Views
Hello, I’m trying to replace an antique high level cistern with a more modern ceramic one. The flush pipe is routed in a very specific way so the new one will probably need to be bespoke. Does anyone have any experience, or at least seen, bespoke flush pipes? I was hoping they could be made...
Replies
Views
Hi I'm looking for advice in the hope that a kind & knowledgeable soul (or two) may be able to assist. I'm looking to replace two basin mixer taps in my bathrooms - one is dripping constantly, and the other squeals whenever any hot water is delivered to another tap (kitchen or other bathroom)...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock