Search the forum,

Discuss Press fit machine purchase in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

gingalig

Gas Engineer
Hi, and thanks for any advice before I start, I'm looking to buy a press fit machine but getting a bit bogged down in detail.
Questions I would like to know the answers too are:-

. Who is the best supplier of fittings.

. Which fittings to use and are the best price/ quality wise ( definatley confusing me this one).

. What's the most practical/ cost effective machine. In terms of access, weight, use etc.

. Am I right in thinking M profile tongs for Gas and Water.

My main work will be 15mm 22mm and 28mm and it's a combination of gas and water works (although not in the same pipes :) obs )

Any thought and first hand experience greatly appreciated. Apologies if it's been gone over before.

Pipekit and bss

Geberit are the best and x press are 2nd

Novopress aco 102/102

M are the fitting profile what they recommend for warranty etc

Yes also if you would like if your on new build mlcp will work with the tool just need a new set of jaws u profile etc

I tend to stick to Mapress and their machine. I hire the machine because it's expensive as you know. Why don't you do that and put the cost on the customer until you decide whether you like it or not. In my opinion there are for's and against's and I remain undecided. If it's a relativity small job, I still get the Rigid out.
Love the smell of Boss white in a Morning.

Hi, and thanks for any advice before I start, I'm looking to buy a press fit machine but getting a bit bogged down in detail.
Questions I would like to know the answers too are:-

. Who is the best supplier of fittings.

. Which fittings to use and are the best price/ quality wise ( definitely confusing me this one).

. What's the most practical/ cost effective machine. In terms of access, weight, use etc.

. Am I right in thinking M profile tongs for Gas and Water.

My main work will be 15mm 22mm and 28mm and it's a combination of gas and water works (although not in the same pipes :) obs )

Any thought and first hand experience greatly appreciated. Apologies if it's been gone over before.

Have you made a decision on this Gingalig?

Personally just hire from Bss as previously mentioned.. also I believe they require re-calibrating every so many thousand crimps.

Whether that can be done ‘in house’ I’m not sure of

Have you made a decision on this Gingalig?
I did, I took the plunge and got a novopress aco103 and I love it, I use Geberit fittings and occasionally Express, the fittings are not cheap, but the install time is really quick and my customers have all been impressed. It's great for wet pipework and a joy to use.

We had to do a repair in an 100mm copper fire service last week.
Used slip couplings.
Cut the insert pipe, measured the section of pipe to cut out, cut the pipe and press fitted the fittings.
That took all of 5 minutes.
Re-commissioning took 4 hours

Reply to Press fit machine purchase in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock