From the United States of America? - Checkout our specific plumbing forum for you:USA Plumbing Forum

Discuss Press fit... Good or bad in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

CorgiDirect - Discounted Corgi Related Documentation and Plumbing Supplies
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members
I'm thinking of taking the plunge into press fit. Just with working in lofts etc it seems a lot safer. Can anyone recommend any and if they think it's worthwhile.

Thanks

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
novopress aco 103 and its brillant you can hire a tool for around 70 for a week to trail it if you like it pull the trigger etc

Is there any situations or downsides where you wouldn't recommend press fit like it not fitting in chases or underneath boiler close to kitchen worktop etc. They seem brill and look the way forward i see a lot of Pros only one con the price and passing the cost on to the customer for the fittings in domestic purposes.

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Fit them anywhere no distance required from a boiler like plastic

Slightly more bulky but around the same area as solder ring / tec tite

tool access can be a con but you have to think head when installing and most of the hard ones you can press out and reinstall etc

MOSSEP

Plumber
I use a REMS press gun and X-Press fittings, Williams stock them so easy to get hold of. As long as you can get the jaws in then they are great, as Shaun said, you need to think ahead - space pipes around 50mm apart and a similar distance from walls or ceiling so you can get the jaws onto the fittings.

ShaunCorbs

Staff member
S. Mod
Plumber
Gas Engineer
The REM’s 45 d jaws help alot

Reply to Press fit... Good or bad in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net. Plumbing questions, answers, tips and tricks.

Plumbase - Plumbers Forum Sponsor
This official sponsor may provide discounts for members

Plumbing and Plumbers

Plumbing Workwear

Shower Power Booster

Plumbase Spares - Plumbing Supplies and Spare Parts

Water Underfloor Heating

CORGI Direct for Plumbers

The Wetroom Store

Plumbase Spares