Search the forum,

Discuss Preferred 2 port motorized valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Reshweb

Hi I am renovating a bungalow and redoing all the heating and plan to generate a number of zones for radiator heating. In the past I have mainly used Honeywell 4043H but having had a head fail after 2 years in a previous property I am not sure that they are any better than some other makes these days, especially given their price.
Any thoughts on good alternatives would be much appreciated.
I have seen one on BES for £24.70 with replaceable heads that looks just like the Honeywell unit ?

Many thanks
Grahm

Myson for me

I am glad you said that! I tend to think of Myson stuff as poor, such as their Trvs - which I would never use. But I do know the Myson 2 ports mostly have given good service and are inexpensive. I also like the wee neon on head to show they are on.
Honeywell very expensive and the actuator is poor. Danfoss are a disaster, as they keep permanent power to boilers and are not cheap.
The plumb centre do their own centre brand 2 port valve, but I am told it is made by Honeywell and a lot cheaper.

Last edited:
drayton

Still give a lot of trouble causing the inner micro switch putting constant power to boiler.
It's usually them or Danfoss I come across

yea i agree but with everything if the manufacturers made something too good that was bomb proof they wouldnt have many sales of spares so im sure these days there made to break after 3-5 years

Personally like honeywell myself think most problems are down to system cleanliness when it comes to motorised valves prematurely breaking down.

Personally like honeywell myself think most problems are down to system cleanliness when it comes to motorised valves prematurely breaking down.

I agree, have seen honeywells fail within a couple of years on a mucky system and salus, last for years with no problems.

Salus is a new one on me, will have to check it out.
Thanks for all the feedback guys.
Graham

Did I misunderstand your post Roger. I took it that Salus go on for years !

Graham

Salus valves used to be cheap as chips and for a reason - maybe they're better made now ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Preferred 2 port motorized valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi I have a Honeywell ST699 programmer which is working fine but I want to learn how to decommission it (disconnect it from the rest of the system). Currently I have a Honeywell Home Single Zone Thermostat (Y87RF2024) and I am thinking to get the Honeywell Home Mobile Access Kit RFG100 to get...
Replies
Views
Is there any advice on using Honeywell Evohome with 2 zone heating. Honeywell support are pretty useless and give conflicting advice. They suggested I ask my installer (but my installer suggested I ask Honeywell). I found a support article on the Honeywell Resideo website by Googling...
Replies
Views
I have a Danfoss 2-port valve model HPA2 (which has suspect motor issue) I can get Honeywell 2-port valves & motors much cheaper & easier as local Trade place stocks Honeywell. Is there a direct equivalent Honeywell motor activator? ....... so I could just swap the synchronous motor over ? or...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the outputs goes to a 2 port diverter prior to the Megaflo (I believe this is some safety feature). I have run into an intermittent problem where some...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I'm considering having my heating system controlled by Honeywell Evohome. I have a question about the underfloor heating controller.... I have a single zone water underfloor heating in the kitchen. The controller is currently a Wunda. I've never been all that happy with it because...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock