Search the forum,

Discuss Pre pay gas not working Vaillant Boiler in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi recently my pre paid gas ran out. I checked and I had 15 credits. I know my mums boiler had the same issue where it shuts off if there are only 15 credits left. She tells me an engineer comes and does something that takes 2 seconds and its working but he never told her why. Its a Vaillant boiler I tried topping up another £10 and put the card in to release gas and gas meter shows "o" which I think means on. No gas appliances in house to check gas supply. It is showing either F28 or F29 when I reset. Anyone any ideas?

If it’s a smart meter, you may need to wait 60 - 120 seconds before relighting the appliance. This is a safety feature if the gas meter to prevent a buildup of gas in the appliance.

If you press button a, does it tell you on screen if the gas is on (It should do)? Have you pressed the reset button on boiler for approx 10 seconds? Does the boiler reset and then fail to F28?

If you press button a, does it tell you on screen if the gas is on (It should do)? Have you pressed the reset button on boiler for approx 10 seconds? Does the boiler reset and then fail to F28?
Button A doesnt do anything for me. Whether I press it, hold it nothing happens. If I press button B it tells me to hold it in to release gas but nothing appears to happen when I release it.

Yes when i use the reset button the yellow light goes on and off about 5 times then the red light and f28 error.

Button A doesnt do anything for me. Whether I press it, hold it nothing happens. If I press button B it tells me to hold it in to release gas but nothing appears to happen when I release it.

Yes when i use the reset button the yellow light goes on and off about 5 times then the red light and f28 error.
So basically the gas isn’t getting to the boiler. If you’re pressing button B and holding it, but nothing happens, then it could be the meter. Normally it will state in screen opening valve, and then you’ll hear a clunk, which is it opening. F28 will be a lack of gas to the appliance and has failed safe.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I have tried a few times, it may have worked the first time. I just checked the manual for my meter and according to the manual the o in the bottom left corner shows that the gas valve is open.

After some googling I seen it suggested that it could be low gas pressure?

I recently ran out of electric after my gas run out and before I could top it up would this affect anything?

After some googling I seen it suggested that it could be low gas pressure?

I recently ran out of electric after my gas run out and before I could top it up would this affect anything?
It shouldn’t affect anything. Low gas pressure would be the transporter. is the emergency control valve fully up?

Reply to Pre pay gas not working Vaillant Boiler in the Gas Engineers Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock