Search the forum,

Discuss Power shower pump issue in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

HI
I have a triton as2000xt power shower thats been a pain from installation. I had to call the plumper back because the water was not coming through properly and pump was running dry for about 20-30 seconds. It took a while to get the plumber back in to find he fitted the flange pipes the wrong way around. Since then water has been coming out but weak and the pump is making a pulsing nose. The pipes are run up into the loft and back down in 22mm plastic to 15mm near the shower, all pipes below cistern. The shower unit is about 1 to 1.5m under the cistern. I have removed the filters to check they are clean and the is water getting to there at a good pressure which it is. I have checked the solenoid at that is just over 4k ohms. Does anyone else have any ideas?
Regards

That has been replaced with the AS2000SR so how old is yours?
What happens if you run it with shower head disconnected, does the water flow better?

Part I don`t like is - running dry for 20-30 seconds for some time.
By cistern do you mean cold water tank in loft?
A photo or two showing the flange and pipes from say 3ft away might shed some light on the problem.

HI
The unit is about 3 to 4 years old now.
The flange part seems to be ok.
Yes i do mean the cold water tank. This sits above the hot water tank. The water run to shower is approx 8 to 10 meters away. When i took the filter cover off in turned on the water to see what flow i was getting they was flowing out well and reaching to the other end of the bath both hot and cold. I get the same with out the shower head. I had the pump out and solenoid out to see what water flow i get from the thermostatic valve and it is reduced. However when i put it all back and started it up it seemed to be working fine between 6 and 4.
Regards
[automerge]1591091799[/automerge]
After a bit more playing if I have the head up high then the shower has the issue. When I drop the shower head low then it all works fine even when I put the shower head back up.

Last edited:
Some shower hoses are a smaller bore than others and have had it where changing the shower head makes a difference, the first I understand but not the second, however it does sound like perhaps the flange or the unit is incorrect hence asking for a photo then I believe others might pick up on something amiss.

Here is a photo of the tank.

Attachments

• IMG_20200602_163302.jpg
    IMG_20200602_163302.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 12
Is that a Surrey flange? Not clear on my phone.

I think it’s plumbed the wrong way!

The side tapping should go off to the pump - ‘air free’ and the top tapping goes up to the vent, this is better at a 45 angle than your horizontal too.

HI
I am not sure what flange it is the white plastic 22mm is for the shower the copper pipe is vent pipe.
regards
[automerge]1591216057[/automerge]
HI
I am not sure what flange it is pic close up below.
the white plastic 22mm is for the shower the copper pipe is vent pipe.
regards
IMG_20200603_212511.jpg

Last edited:
I couldn`t make out the flange either but I did wince at all the compression joints.

Yes, I know the plastic is the shower. However I’m almost certain that this should be taken from the side of the flange to get air free water to the pump.
The top connection should go to the vent.
I think yours is plumbed incorrectly.

It is a Warix flange totally plumbed wrong as per the previous entries, worst case scenario you could get a cylinder collapse or split, get it sorted by a trained plumber Who knows what he is doing.

Clint if it’s a warix flange then it is correct (albeit untidy) as they vent from the side . Surrey vents from the top.

I’m not sure which flange it is but this is very important as various designs operate in completely the opposite way! God knows why, I expect they both think they’re right and the other is wrong...!
Like most of us plumbers!

Reply to Power shower pump issue in the Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock