Search the forum,

Discuss Power flushing help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

rockinter

Hi,
I have hired a Norstorm proflush, as i was going to powerflush my new radiator system. However the connections i have been given with the powerflush machine don't fit on the flow and return pipe of the central heating system.

Below is the fittings i have received.

These are the 3 types , i have two each of them.
I had thought they would just fit to a 22mm pipe and i would just tighten the nut with an olive. But none of them fit a 22mm pipe.

Can you please tell me how to connect it to a 22mm pipe?
thanks

What kind of system is this? As from what i can see one of the connections looks to be a external pump connection. If your pump is internal in the boiler then id DIY your own connections or remove a radiator and again DIY your own connections, nothing some jubilee clips cant solve and a couple of couplings.

yes it is combi boiler. By doing a diy connection will i need to connect to the pump adaptor connetion?

Nope, beleive the bent ones are to attack to a external pump which you remove and attach the two 90 connections.

You can get pump addaptors where you remove the pump head, add an adapter and the two pipes. Take a peak around, im not well up on power flushing machines, havnt had chance to buy one yet. But do let us know how u get on with the Norstrom machine.

Did the powerflush. Never knew it was such hard job. I was really tired after doing it. I ended using a adaptor which connected the pump adaptor to the 22 mm. The flush did get rid a lot of muck. Are we meant to get all the old pipes to become brand shine new?

I checked one pipe after the flush and did see a black layer covering the inside of the pipe. Lucky i was replacing the radiator because i realised doing the flush that the radiator was corroded.

Beleive your supposed to test the water with that scientific system thingy, the old litmus paper trick and the ph levels. Think neutrals good, acidic or alkalie is bad.

i didn't use an acidic solution. X800 sentinel is neutral so it doesn't need neutralising

I am considering doing this tomorrow.
I am hiringthe machine from HSS, and will have it till wednesday.

I also plan on doing it through a rad panel in the bathroom.

I have decided to take the plunge and change the radiator in the morning, then to do the flush.

My system is a combi boiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Power flushing help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock