Search the forum,

Discuss Power flushing a back boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tommy1712

I got a power flush booked in and they have a back boiler, they have no idea of the make or age or even if has ever been serviced.
is there anything I need to no about flushing them? Or just crack on as per normal?
I use a fernox powerflow with magnetic filter and usually f5

Any chance it might have a scale problem ? as you may need something more aggressive to get rid of scale, and note on some old BBU the vent & Cold feed came right back to the boiler.

Cheers, so just crack on as per usual. I keep a fx2 in the van just incase ever needed but I don't like using it

Pmsl as soon as started asking questions they just refunded it.

i decided to go for early learning centre and fisher price stickers lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Power flushing a back boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I'm in a bit of a bind with a current CH install where I need to install a filter prior to a flush but no where to install My issue is the return on the combi (ideal 35) runs directly behind the boiler then up through the ceiling so I have no clearance to even attempt to snake it out to fit a...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a bathroom for a regular customer. She is of old age and is starting to get a little clumsy and her son has asked me to look at the old gas fire/back...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have just moved into a house that has a Worcester oil fired boiler, when powered up it burns constantly even when the heat setting is off and no hot water running, is this normal ?? Don’t know how old it is and waiting documents to be returned from the Soliciters to see what service...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to sort all of my rads and do some other bits including fitting a filter but I'm stumped on how to drain down due to how the system is put together...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 3 port value for HW & CH. Loft extension added many years ago so they added a T to go upstairs, only 2 rads up but 11 downstairs covering at leave twice the floor area As per diagram has free flow Up or Down, no way to balance. Works pretty well but last few Rads (in kitchen) are...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock