Search the forum,

Discuss Power flush before or after fitting new boiler in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

My plumber's quote for fitting a new boiler (Ideal Logic Max Heat only 24kw) says he will "use a power flush machine that will flush all the black dirty water once the new boiler is installed and add heating inhibitor"

Is that correct ? will it send the sludge etc into the new boiler or should it be power flushed before fitting a new boiler ?

My current system Glow Worm Flexicom 24HX is around 12 years old and is a vented system.
I'm having the system converted from a vented system to an unvented system with tanks in the loft to a mains fed, Gledhill hot water cylinder with expansion tanks and Ideal Halo thermostat.

I think it’s more sensible to flush it with the old boiler, maybe that’s what they meant?
Or more likely remove the old boiler then flush the system with no boiler, connecting the power flush machine where the boiler used to be.
Just ask them.
Lots of us are better at doing the job than writing the quote!

I think it’s more sensible to flush it with the old boiler, maybe that’s what they meant?
Or more likely remove the old boiler then flush the system with no boiler, connecting the power flush machine where the boiler used to be.
Just ask them.
Lots of us are better at doing the job than writing the quote!
Thanks, yes I will ask him when he comes in a couple of months. I've been asking him lots of questions lately so maybe I will give him a chance to recover. Thanks again

Reply to Power flush before or after fitting new boiler in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock