Search the forum,

Discuss Power flush advice needed in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello,
Been out to one of my ladies and she has filled her CH system with a leak sealer... Over christmas as she had a pin hole in towel rail.
Called me out for other bits and mentioned this I went in to loft and looked on F&E and it's is only about an inch over tank connector and has consistency of cottage cheese almost... Didn't poke it but looks like it.
Boiler 8yr old glow worm and nicely boxed in with a new kitchen. Radiator close to front door with outside tap. So was thinking take rad off and hook up trusty kamco p/f machine fr there...
Do you reckon I scrape out the cheese first from tank via wet vac or just get flushing?
Wants a quote first and was wondering anyone just tried to flush this or is it a walk away job. 😂

Hello,
Been out to one of my ladies and she has filled her CH system with a leak sealer... Over christmas as she had a pin hole in towel rail.
Called me out for other bits and mentioned this I went in to loft and looked on F&E and it's is only about an inch over tank connector and has consistency of cottage cheese almost... Didn't poke it but looks like it.
Boiler 8yr old glow worm and nicely boxed in with a new kitchen. Radiator close to front door with outside tap. So was thinking take rad off and hook up trusty kamco p/f machine fr there...
Do you reckon I scrape out the cheese first from tank via wet vac or just get flushing?
Wants a quote first and was wondering anyone just tried to flush this or is it a walk away job. 😂
Scrape the cheese out as much as possible. Isolate boiler until later, close pump similar and loads of water even shoot it up with mains pressure...if you don’t know what I mean ask. Do not do on a fixed price take photos to show customer and do not promise a happy outcome centralheatking
If you have any piccy of the f & e tank I would like to see please

Scrape the cheese out as much as possible. Isolate boiler until later, close pump similar and loads of water even shoot it up with mains pressure...if you don’t know what I mean ask. Do not do on a fixed price take photos to show customer and do not promise a happy outcome centralheatking
If you have any piccy of the f & e tank I would like to see please

Thanks for your advice.
Have warned her boiler might be clogged and not sure if it will ever come out completely might have to get glow worm out to it on a fixed price repair after a good flush.
No isolation on boiler as far as I'm aware but to be fair I was looking more for where I can set up for a p/f. Valves turn on pump from memory I did motorised valve not that long ago.
Kamco chem for powerflush.suitable for shifting leak sealer?
Dont want to put anything in there that might solidify it further...

Attachments

• IMG_20200323_104743.jpg
    IMG_20200323_104743.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20200323_104740.jpg
    IMG_20200323_104740.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 7

Reply to Power flush advice needed in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock